Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I’d love to say I’d pay whatever for Potter with a DoF but judging by the reactions on here he’d be hung, drawn and quartered by Christmas 

Think had been reported they don't want to further piss off any of the Premier League clubs at this moment in time.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Also seriously worried about keeping Jones on tbh. The absolute shit shows he's served up in his two games in charge, after having worked with the squad for months really doesn't bode well for the future. 

Supposedly a very good coach, so don’t have any problems with him staying in that capacity. Should have no say in picking the team though.

With managers it's not necessarily about better or worse, it's about suitable or not suitable. Look at Moyes, Pellegrini, Mourinho etc. Sometimes managers are a bad fit and it doesn't work despite being great elsewhere. Howe is absolutely without question a better manager than Steve Bruce, that goes without saying, but that's the lowest of bars to clear and is he the right fit for this club with the players it has, in the position it's in? I don't this he is at all and I didn't think Fonseca was either FWIW. Who knows who it'll be now, but Emery or Rafa were the type we needed imo.

This wouldn't be such a massive deal if it hadn't been made public. They weren't even at the stage of negotiating a contract yet. We've probably been knocked back a number of times by now.

As it is, everyone knows they're at best second choice now.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah, but presumably they would have at least had a heads up before then, I mean Ando off here knew? It wouldn’t have been literally overnight, no way imo.  You’d at least be sounding out options 

Ando posted in here on the Weds I think when the rumours online were already circulating. I dunno, but from all the whirlwind that went on in that first week it's hard for me to come to any other conclusion other than Stavely and Co had no clue the week prior that they'd be in new jobs running the club day to day by the following week. They were ready for the hearing in Jan. Why would they be planning and sounding out appointments if they didnt even think they were going to have decision to make this year. Christ probably not this season. If at all.

Ashley must be laughing his cock off at how quickly some fans turn on the new owners, there needs to be patience. Looking at the bigger picture, yes, we might go down, but if we do we're still the richest club in the world. The only reason we're currently in this mess right now is the complete lack of investment by Ashley and the fact Bruce was allowed to stay in his role for so long, neither of which are really the new owner's fault. Could this current situation have been handled better? Probably, but the new owners are still cutting their teeth and to be honest, the potential for us is a million times better under them than it has been for a very, very long time. If there's fans out there seriously giving our new owners stick they really need to have a word with themselves at this point, the club has been in such disarray for such a time that it was always going to be a hell of a task to even start clearing the mess. Is Howe going to be able to keep us up if they bring him in? Nobody knows. To be honest, I don't think he's the calibre of manager/coach that we want but as things stand he's probably all we're going to get until things are sorted out at the club behind the scenes a bit more. There's a lot to do before we're in the position of established teams like Spurs for example who can sack a manager one day and appoint a top replacement the next, we've got masses of baggage in both reputation and facilities to change before then, let alone getting a solid employee structure in place.

For now, take a deep breath, take a step back. We're not going to be up there just yet, but we'll get there and when it does, it'll be glorious.