Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I was referencing that last 24 hours it can’t be described as anything else 

:lol: You have no idea what's gone on. All you've done (as we all have) is read differing reports about different things from different people. All in 24 hours. You have no information what so ever.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

8 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

and that means fucking Jones stays. Great - so look forward to Richie and Fraser down the left wing whilst all the other teams attackers are scoring against us

I bet Howe would love Shelvey

Just now, Nobody said:

This really isn't a good start for the new consurtium. If we end up with Howe three weeks after sacking Bruce, 'the process' really hasn't been working. 

I don't think there's any reason to question the gap, despite losing out on Emery. Just because Howe was available on day one doesn't mean they'd identified him as their preferred (second) choice then. 

While it's disappointing, my way of dealing with whoever comes in is that they are an improvement on Bruce.
For this year, all we need is for someone to get a little bit of a tune out of the players, get us to at least 17th, then we can kick on next season.

If it's Howe then from 4 weeks ago, that's an upgrade.

Fuck Emery. His loss.

Just now, ManDoon said:

We finished mid table last season lol. The clubs infrastructure is a mess, yes, but we can actually buy in Jan. It’s in nowhere near as bad a state as being made out. Not at all 

That's what I'm getting at; the infrastructure. It's a shambles.

Saying that....it looks as if someone has dropped the ball with leaking this. They need to learn and learn quick, and they're not devoid of criticism here. 

Emery was the outstanding candidate, so that's a real shame. It sounds like he was already being quite indecisive and the leak tipped things for him. That said, if he was having doubts, maybe its a good thing.

If the Athletic are to be believed we'll go for Howe now. He's certainly a step down from Emery, but he showed enough promise with Bournemouth that he can stabilise the club in the short to medium term. His transfer record is a touch concerning, but it sounds like we'll have a sporting director who will take those decisions out of his hands.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Why are people so certain it's going to be Howe by the way? I've missed that part of the story. I doubt he'd even want it.

Was the final two that were interviewed over the weekend according to sources 

May as well now keep Jones for Brighton and prioritise a Director of Football. Then there's a 2-week break to get someone in.

Or at least just get Howe until the summer, keep him off transfers, hope for the best and start again *if* we survive.

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

We finished mid table last season lol. The clubs infrastructure is a mess, yes, but we can actually buy in Jan. It’s in nowhere near as bad a state as being made out. Not at all 

Disagree here.

There's no footballing people at the club, lack of structure in getting decisions made etc.  I'm surprised they haven't appointed a CEO by now though.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully Spurs smash Everton on Sunday and Rafa becomes available 

Aye, might be worth holding on til then now, hope the fans properly turn on him and offer Everton £5m to take him off their hands.

Ah well…

I’d be fine with Howe, he is young and is a very good coach and the job he did at Bournemouth was - to be fair - kind of a miracle. He spent a lot of money on some poor signings, but their net spend was quite low and to keep them up for 5 consecutive seasons while playing attractive football with mostly journeymen, youngsters or unknown players was a feat not be sniffed at.

I think he took them to their max ceiling and their relegation was inevitable in the end. He’d be an underwhelming choice and a big gamble, but such a low key appointment can work in our favour. Emery would bring with him very high expectations and although I think he’d have kept us up, I don’t think his appointment would have been an immediate magic wand to fix our problems, but then I’m not sure anyone could have that kind of instant impact right now.

I do fear if we hire Howe, we will be relegated. A top DOF is going to be so crucial because although Howe has demonstrated he can identify players with the right traits for how he likes to set his teams up and wants them to play, he has shown he’s unable to identify a certain level of quality needed to do that more often than not. Ibe and Solanke for example, both young, pacey and come from a set up at LFC’s academy regarded as one of the best, but they simply weren't capable of consistently performing because ultimately they were not good enough despite possessing some of the required traits to fit Howe’s style of play etc. If it’s Howe, recruitment will be more crucial than ever. 

I’ll get behind him and it will be interesting to see how things pan out. 

Edited by HTT II

2 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Mate, it’s like you’re lost in the ether. 

Probably.  That takeover night seems so far away now and it's like we're lurching from one item of bad news to the other.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

We’re second bottom, haven’t won a game. The squad is shite, confidence is fucked and so is the the infrastructure. Not sure where the positives are?

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

Who are they taking advice from btw? They should have got a DOF in, and sought advice on what to do? Why is Charnley here? We are wasting time just like with the Bruce sacking. 

Who for DOF though?  It's the middle of the season, can't just pluck one out of thin air.

Just now, Yorkie said:

I don't think there's any reason to question the gap, despite losing out on Emery. Just because Howe was available on day one doesn't mean they'd identified him as their preferred (second) choice then. 

No, but surely they must have been able to identify a better second choice than Howe in the time this has taken?

I find this worrying in all kinds of ways tbh, yes Emery would have been an ambitious hire, but we failed on that. Don't think the list of potential signings will be overly eager to join an Eddie Howe lead Newcastle in the relegation zone in January.