Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Obviously, I’d be delighted with one of Rangnick, Monchi or Campos as our Sporting Director (Rangnick being the dream one).

If we’re allowed to keep dreaming, then Conte would be my main choice for the manager role. 

Also, if I could be cheeky, I’d also want that Director of Science/fitness Dr. from Bayern to pump our players full of roids.

Edited by McCormick

Conte, premier league experience? Check, a natural winner? Yes. His English is limited but enough to convey a message across.

I’m not sure if he’s a long term appointment but he would steer the ship in the right direction which is what we need.

At the end of the day, this squad is in real danger of taking us down and there needs to be a serious patch up job between now and January when we can bring in a few reinforcements. We have some good players but it’s so disjointed, we need someone who can identify exactly the type of player who will make our existing ones perform better.

I really can't imagine us appointing someone just to make the team stable again and then appoint another manager to start looking further forward. That's just wrong.

This first appointment will have to work with the like of Krafth or Henddrick or the Longstaffs. But he'd also have the oppotunity to add to that in January and then summer. A manager like Conte can lift and get the best of players mentioned and then we'll build from there.

Conte feels like a moon shot but if you’re stavely and co today, and you know he’s gettable, do what it takes I think. Conte could conceivably take us every step of the journey. They have it within their gift to furnish him with what he needs to get there. He gets to do something he’s never done and build a shit team into dominators. He has clout with the class of player we need. 

Next manager will decide what kind of players we'll be able to attract. Hypothetically say we get someone like Conte. It would be a statement of intent and definitely would improve our chances of getting high profile players, massively. Compared to someone like, say Potter. There are many managers that I'd be happy with and back. Question is, how quickly does the new owners want us to become better. It will take patience and time, mistakes will be done as it's possible to get every decision right. As said before, we can't rush hour decisions either as getting it right is obviously the most important thing. No matter what happens it'll be very interesting to follow. Quite the contrast compared to before. We need to be patient too, even though its very easy to drift away :lol:

33 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Next manager will decide what kind of players we'll be able to attract. Hypothetically say we get someone like Conte. It would be a statement of intent and definitely would improve our chances of getting high profile players, massively. Compared to someone like, say Potter. There are many managers that I'd be happy with and back. Question is, how quickly does the new owners want us to become better. It will take patience and time, mistakes will be done as it's possible to get every decision right. As said before, we can't rush hour decisions either as getting it right is obviously the most important thing. No matter what happens it'll be very interesting to follow. Quite the contrast compared to before. We need to be patient too, even though its very easy to drift away :lol:

I’m not sure I fully believe the we will build slowly narrative, I just don’t see the Saudis wanting anything other than to be the biggest and best we can as soon as possible.

Conte would want control on transfers and a constant flow of players coming in as the club grows. That shouldn't be a problem, in fact it would be encouraged. He gets to build a club up whilst making a fortune, its just whether he wants to start again so low or take a safer job in a years time where half the house is already sorted.

Aurelien Tchouameni is a player he likes. I'd be ok with this. 

Seriously though, much rather have Conte for some reason. Feels more proven no matter how odd this may sound. 

Edited by Ikon

Where's the Zidane article, I can't find it on the Mirror. There was one last night mentioning him but that said "Zinedine Zidane’s name has also been mentioned as a possibility but there appears to be little appetite either to appoint the former Real Madrid chief to the up-coming vacancy."

Edited by nbthree3

12 minutes ago, BigValley said:

If we climb 4 places every year the first couple of years and then use 1 to 3 years on the top 4 i would be happy. I am happy what ever happens anyway. 

Indeed. Hell, I'll be thrilled if "we tried" now means that we actually did!

Conte is a no brainer if he's open to it. Personality fits the club, proven winner both in the PL and abroad and has the pull in the game to attract top players. Give him what he wants.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I just can’t see Conte coming in at this very moment when we’re in the bottom three and haven’t won a game - no matter how rich we are and where our future direction takes us 

I'm still at the stage where every decent player and manager in the world says, 'who? Newcastle? Err, no'

I still can't imagine a different world no matter how much money is waved

3 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I'm still at the stage where every decent player and manager in the world says, 'who? Newcastle? Err, no'

I still can't imagine a different world no matter how much money is waved

Aye, it'll take some getting used to and can't see it from the off. If it is and we bring in Conte from the start then they aren't going to be happy until we're the best in the world. Now that would certainly take some getting used to.