Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

25 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

We’ve got Steve ‘fucking’ Bruce in charge and people are going to pass on someone like Conte 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886su6ynn584t3zmqsn9k

For the record, I wouldn't pass on Conte, I just said I wasn't sure he'd be a good fit in the long run, based mainly on his volatility and him falling out with owner and players. That said, that was a good interview with him that I hadn't seen, I'd be more than happy to be given the chance to be proven wrong of course - it's not like it would make us worse :lol:

The sooner we want to attract a better calibre of player, the sooner we'll need to hire a reputable manager that players will want to play for. No disrespect to Potter, he's doing very well, but no players abroad are going to have heard of him. 

The manager that we get may not be the manager we want, but the manager we need right now, someone with a bit of prestige. I hate the twat, but Gerrard is someone who could get players through the door. The proper manager would be one after someone like Gerrard, imo. 

Guest neesy111

Some shite being posted about Howe.  Been in management since he was 30, still got a young family.  Completely understand why he doesn't want to upstick them again.

6 minutes ago, HawK said:

The sooner we want to attract a better calibre of player, the sooner we'll need to hire a reputable manager that players will want to play for. No disrespect to Potter, he's doing very well, but no players abroad are going to have heard of him. 

The manager that we get may not be the manager we want, but the manager we need right now, someone with a bit of prestige. I hate the twat, but Gerrard is someone who could get players through the door. The proper manager would be one after someone like Gerrard, imo. 

Even if we take that to be true, I'd rather have a slightly lower calibre of player with the highest possible calibre of coach than the reverse. There simply isn't enough evidence suggesting that Gerrard is tactically astute enough to get us to where we should be aiming to be in even the shorter term (e.g. looking towards the top six next season after more sustained investment). 

Edited by Barnes23

Not been on here for a while. Just came back on to see the reaction to the takeover.

With the Graeme Jones connection I could see them having a word with the Belgian FA about bringing Martinez in. Knows the league and plays an attractive style of football.

Nice to be realistically speculating about Bruce replacements anyway. Thought we were stuck with him and Ashley for years to come. 

Edited by Elma
Typo

Don't think he's the right manager necessarily but the romantic in me would love to see Mourinho here, building it up and winning us silverware. Feels destined to happen at some point, and I feel because of his ego, this inevitable siege mentaliity would work hugely for us. 

8 minutes ago, Elma said:

Not been on here for a while. Just came back on to see the reaction to the takeover.

With the Graeme Jones connection I could see them having a word with the Belgian FA about bringing Martinez in. Knows the league and plays an attractive style of football.

Nice to be realistically speculating about Bruce replacements anyway. Thought we were sick with him and Ashley for years to come. 

Wow, welcome back, loving seeing so many former posters return, the more the merrier :smitten:

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Conte is the one, imo.

The longer it goes without a concrete link to a particular name the more I think it’s him, purely because negotiations with him would be the most detailed and complex imo 

19 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Quite funny seeing all these journalists who have been kept completely in the dark as this has concluded over the last few weeks all of a sudden claiming to know exactly who the managerial and playing targets are. 

They’re thrilled to get the rumor mill turning again. Like cats in heat.

24 minutes ago, Heron said:

Don't think he's the right manager necessarily but the romantic in me would love to see Mourinho here, building it up and winning us silverware. Feels destined to happen at some point, and I feel because of his ego, this inevitable siege mentaliity would work hugely for us. 

I love him. He’s a cynical asshole who plays cynical asshole football but I want to see him succeed.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

The longer it goes without a concrete link to a particular name the more I think it’s him, purely because negotiations with him would be the most detailed and complex imo 

I do think the speed of things over last couple of days has took them by surprise.