Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I love Rafa and would've had him back in a heartbeat right up until we appointed Howe, but after that first press conference ended it all changed. Rafa was the right man at the wrong time, while Howe feels like a perfect fit for the here and now. 

Given the choice, and had the takeover happened when he was available, I'd have taken Rafa. He had unfinished business here and was clearly taking us places. You can't doubt the man's credentials. 

At the same time I am more than pleased with Howe's appointment and he has my full support.

Before he took the Everton gig there was still the slight chance we might have got him back. But at this point that ship has sailed and we need to look forwards. 

55 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I love Rafa and would've had him back in a heartbeat right up until we appointed Howe, but after that first press conference ended it all changed. Rafa was the right man at the wrong time, while Howe feels like a perfect fit for the here and now. 

Nailed it. 

Would have taken Rafa at takeover, was underwhelmed with Howe when the search began. I’m now happy with Howe and the only way I would be keen for Rafa to come back would be if somehow this all went to shit. Rafa is/was a legend.

4 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Rafa's gone man. Forget him and move on.

I can support the new era of the club under Howe and retain a love and respect for everything Rafa did. Don't think there would be a takeover without him. 

It would have been a very small number of people on here who would have picked Howe over Rafa when the takeover went through. Seems daft to overturn my opinion on the basis of a handful of games and press conferences. I understand wanting the feeling of renewed hope and optimism to override all other judgements, though, and it's really awesome just to have those kinds of emotions associated with our club again. 

I think there's still a part of me that would still have Rafa back because irrespective of what happens at Everton, I feel like I know what I'd get if Rafa took over and would be excited for that, whereas Howe's still an unknown quantity for us. 

But having said that, I'm genuinely pleased with Howe but I just think I need those 1 or 2 convincing performances that tell me that what he's doing off the pitch is working and he's therefore the right man for the job, so until then I'll keep a healthy scepticism.

Edited by Thumbheed

14 hours ago, NEEJ said:

Spot on. 

18 hours ago, 54 said:

Saw a question on Reddit and found it interesting so figured id ask it here. If knowing what we know at this moment about Howe after 4 games and the atmosphere and uplift hes given the club. If you had the choice between Howe and Rafa immediately after the takeover had happened, who'd you now pick? 

Personally I'd go Howe, I still love Rafa, but there is something that just feels different with Eddie, the uplift hes bought, the style of football he plays, the fact that I could see him here in 10 year, it feels like a match made is heaven, and like it could be special.

Rafa for me lyk.

Think Eddie's flexibility and adaptability will show we have the right man for the job. 

Looking forward to see what he does against Leicester. A team out of form, a manager with his head turned and key players seemingly aging out. Free shot at this one. No pressure, no expectation and a great chance to undo some damage.

17 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Lads look like they're having a blast. Love it.

It’s so refreshing that our media ‘team’ are now involved and that we are getting to see the lads train and some of the stuff they are working on, those look like class training sessions.

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, carpetman1 said:

As folk are really wound up about the font of a sign, can I add my keyboard bashing to add that Eddie Howe's pronunciation of Noocarsel should be looked at? Heresy, I tell you! He was born eleven miles or so from Fatty, can we look forward to a chant of "you thinner Cockney bastard" if it all goes tits up? 

It winds me up even more when he fails to say whey aye man after every sentence…

16 minutes ago, carpetman1 said:

As folk are really wound up about the font of a sign, can I add my keyboard bashing to add that Eddie Howe's pronunciation of Noocarsel should be looked at? Heresy, I tell you! He was born eleven miles or so from Fatty, can we look forward to a chant of "you thinner Cockney bastard" if it all goes tits up? 

"You svelte Cockney bastard" rolls off the tongue better....but it shall never be sung, so don't ever raise this topic again. 

1 hour ago, carpetman1 said:

:lol: It's not about the font is it, though. It's about the fact it represents Mike Ashley and what he did to the club/the stadium. 

1 hour ago, carpetman1 said:

Would you prefer he adopted a local accent like Shteeve did at Twente ? :lol:

Edited by bobbydazzla
Added smiley to show I wasn't genuinely offended