Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 hours ago, Kanji said:

That photo with him and the team is just so fucking awesome man. 

The spirit of the team, their fight, their character and their commitment to one another will be more vital than ever if we are to stay up, I feel in Howe and especially his coaching team, that the players can trust them to do what’s best for the group and not have their favourites or throw anyone under the bus. That is vitally important for a dressing room, but equally that each player will know they have to perform and work harder and harder. Even if we go down, we will go down fighting and will give it everything to try and stay up. Howe and his team’s work ethic is already rubbing off on one player who I’d call lazy and disinterested in his own personal game for most of his career really, Shelvey. Now he’s displaying a work ethic during games I’ve never seen from him. You have the ability Shelvey, can you be a leader too? 

Edited by HTT II

Shelvey is never going to be more than he currently is and will definitely regress once his initial enthusiasm wears off. If he's not replaced in January then he sure as hell needs to be in the summer. Unless we get relegated of course.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBH I still feel Shelvey will regress soon, but I hope not. He hasn't really had a competent manger for years, Rafa was the only one and he binned him rather than work with him (probably for understandable reasons). 

Hopefully beyond this season we'll be buying a better calibre of midfielder anyway. 

CW and ASM are better than mediocre. 

I'm just basically saying that I can't wait for us to get rid of him plus others, andhave two good CM. Which we haven't had since Cabaye and Tiote were at their best. 

Edited by Ikon

On the subject of expected goals stat, it does not account for good strikers and keepers who consistently overperform the stat. So even in expected goals. i.e., chances allowed, is the same, we will concede fewer with Dubs than Darlow. Every time a proactive keeper claims or punches a cross, that will also reduce expected goals against if it denies an opponent an attempt. 

Saw a question on Reddit and found it interesting so figured id ask it here. If knowing what we know at this moment about Howe after 4 games and the atmosphere and uplift hes given the club. If you had the choice between Howe and Rafa immediately after the takeover had happened, who'd you now pick? 

Personally I'd go Howe, I still love Rafa, but there is something that just feels different with Eddie, the uplift hes bought, the style of football he plays, the fact that I could see him here in 10 year, it feels like a match made is heaven, and like it could be special.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Saw a question on Reddit and found it interesting so figured id ask it here. If knowing what we know at this moment about Howe after 4 games and the atmosphere and uplift hes given the club. If you had the choice between Howe and Rafa immediately after the takeover had happened, who'd you now pick? 

Personally I'd go Howe, I still love Rafa, but there is something that just feels different with Eddie, the uplift hes bought, the style of football he plays, the fact that I could see him here in 10 year, it feels like a match made is heaven, and like it could be special.

Rafa = certain guarantees

Edited by HTT II

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

On the subject of expected goals stat, it does not account for good strikers and keepers who consistently overperform the stat. So even in expected goals. i.e., chances allowed, is the same, we will concede fewer with Dubs than Darlow. Every time a proactive keeper claims or punches a cross, that will also reduce expected goals against if it denies an opponent an attempt. 

Biggest problem with xG tables are that xG ignores the actual score in the game. If a team scores twice in the opening ten minutes and then sits back the rest of the game allowing the opposition to create a lot of chances but keeping a clean sheet, the xG table will have the win down as 'unfair' but in reality it was probably a more than deserved win. 

Guest reefatoon

This is what my worry is if Rafa is ever sacked. Don’t want to hear constant comparisons or people pushing him to take over here and having added pressure put on Howe. We just need to move on. I’m happy with Howe and looking forward to seeing what he can do.