Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

28 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

Not starting Fernandes and persisting with Clark and Lascelles is costing us crucial points.

Have to agree. People will defend it on the basis of some kind of pragmatism (Lascelles being captain etc) but ultimately our best CB is not being picked to play. 

We've let go games that we could have won or got more from based on these nonsense decisions. Anyone knows that our best pairing is Schar and Fernandes.

All this Shelvey, Joelinton and "positive approach" + good PR crap means fuck all if you handicap yourself in this manner.

Today's the only one where I think we've really, properly fucked it, as a collective. The Brentford draw was a good battle and a fair result, Emirates was typical Emirates, Norwich would have been a win but for Clark and Burnley was good. But today has been unacceptably wank and hopefully there's some fresh ideas asap. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Today's the only one where I think we've really, properly fucked it, as a collective. The Brentford draw was a good battle and a fair result, Emirates was typical Emirates, Norwich would have been a win but for Clark and Burnley was good. But today has been unacceptably wank and hopefully there's some fresh ideas asap. 

Pretty much where i'm at, even today, I think the game has been pretty even they've just had that final bit of quality, where our players are lacking completely. 

I wasn't sold on the idea of him getting the job, still ain't.

5 games in, I think the only player that has looked better under him is Joelinton. Defensively I could argue we look even worse than before.

We're not staying up with this guy at the helm.

Edited by Menace

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Totally agree.

Bonked

I really like the guy personally and he says all the right things. He speaks so well, I want it to work out for him and us so much but It feels like not much has changed and we're heading into the abyss. We desperately needed the defense sorted out and that's not happening.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean he has to change things after today, aye? [emoji38]

We're not playing with Willock and Shelvey in the centre next game, are we?

It's Liverpool away so you'd expect a back five. Ritchie and Fraser back in as wing backs I imagine.

Wouldn't surprise me if Willock and Shelvey remain as the midfield two though :lol:

He'd have better prospects if he was a chef tbh. Could turn out some nice chicken soup with the ingredients in this squad, or with the size of their hearts, maybe pea soup would be a nice starter. 

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

I wasn't sold on the idea of him getting the job, still ain't.

5 games in, I think the only player that has looked better under him is Joelinton. Defensively I could argue we look even worse than before.

We're not staying up with this guy at the helm.

My sentiments exactly

20 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Needs to be bold now and drop some of these wankers who are costing us. He did it with Ritchie, now must do it again.

Lascelles, St Maximin and Willock need sitting down immediately.

Who the fuck is going to create anything if you're not playing ASM? :lol:

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

He’s got to get something with what he has. 

He's not going to implement the high press with these players. Either try different personnel or go back to parking the bus. 

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Hell of a job he's doing so far, keep it up Eddie.

I mean that's a bit of a stupid way of looking at it after such a short time. We were in an absolutely dreadful state when he took over and it's a massive job to get this lot going. He's made some poor decisions so far but we've also seen the odd improvement and actually won a game, which we hadn't done in the dozen games before he was at the wheel. 

I'm not saying he can't be criticised; of course he can. But I think he probably deserves more than five games before we're making conclusions, particularly given the utter state we were in when he arrived.