Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

As much as we all know of him from his time at Bournemouth, it’s exciting to think what he can do with a team of higher quality players here, that does really excite me as much as say us signing this Brazilian kid. It’s that kind of unknown…

Definitely will be interesting. 

So they've handed Howe the following 

Trippier

Wood

Bruno

Targett

Burn

Think Lingard would have been very good but think they've given Howe enough to keep us up. He shouldn't be in a situation where he has to play Clark or Ritchie at left back. 

So it's on him to ensure we finish top of the mini league.

Yeah, I do think we'll be alright actually. It's been mentioned elsewhere that alongside tremendous ability, we've signed really good characters and players with intelligence and although not completely immune from the occasional brain fart, you'd think the chances are considerably reduced. 

The second half of the season is all about survival, nowt else. We don't need pretty, liquid football, we need to win games and stay up. We've signed experienced, international players - even an Olympian - and so confidence and composure will have dramatically increased within the squad. 

Eddie Howe exudes composure and he's certainly not daft. Again, as highlighted elsewhere, we've had such a pragmatic window, albeit not perfect as I do feel a striker/forward would have been amazing but we've exponentially made ourselves much more solid but with so many more great opportunities going forward, crosses into the box, improved hold up play, dominance in midfield, so many of the basics that we've lacked for years. A plan, essentially, and a lot of the tools to make it happen, certainly so many more than what has been made available to previous managers. 

I do remember that Monday Night Football episode that Eddie Howe was on, he was detailing his set piece approach (ironically using a game for Bournemouth against us) and the players we now have, with the height, technical ability and brains, I think we or he can more than make up for in terms of goals from set pieces due to not having another forward. It's even more night and day from the previous fuckwits in charge (obviously excluding Rafa). 

So, yes, this ramble obviously doesn't have a point or purpose (I'm known at work as a strong filibuster) but, yeah, I do think he has the tools to prevent us from being relegated because surely individual mistakes can now be all but eradicated and set pieces can now be so much more impactful. 

The players we've signed aren't idiots, they know the situation. We're in trouble but we're not a stepping stone and I'm sure Eddie will get everyone signing from his hymn sheet. Also, I reckon we've done better business than our immediate rivals. 

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

Fair play like, I thought he'd dropped a bollock tonight but it turns out I know fuck all :lol:

Same here, and I'm absolutely delighted since I love the man. He's everything I want in a manager so I really hope he gets it right. And it looks like he is tbh.