Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest HTT II
4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Table since he took over. Even with the start he had and that difficult December, we’d have been on the fringes of the European spots.

F3E71F3C-0C06-498C-9257-E51050937E91.jpeg

The league really is shite like!

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

He's class. Sadly, the mainstream press will tell us that we bought our way out of bother.

:thup: sadly this. Tripper broke his foot, Bruno can't get in the starting 11 and our striker has hardly came close to scoring :lol: but these facts won't matter to the neutral pundit.

Guest neesy111

The Dan Burn and Targett signings have been key, especially the former.  It's shown how much of a liability lascelles was.

12 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s probably in the running for manager of the year if we finish 12th-14th or so. How many games did we jizz off before he came in? 

Been wondering myself what it would take.

I say if we sneak in to the top ten there's a shout. Just don't think there'll be enough clamour for it if we stay bottom half. 

6 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

The Dan Burn and Targett signings have been key, especially the former.  It's shown how much of a liability lascelles was.

Also, he has improved a lot of players who were crap/didn't get a game under Bruce. Jo, Fraser, Schar, Shelvey etc.

The "they spent a fortune" excuse is ready-made for all the pundits who were jizzing and declaring game over with the "no team with no wins in the first 14 has ever stayed up" stat. Which is probably only Prem era and ignores the fact that a single win in game 15 took us level with 18th and only three points behind 17th.

"Spent a fortune" also gets their good mate Steve Cabbage Bruce off the hook, of course.

After the first goal, he had Shelvey over for a chat, presumably something tactical. I’m a teacher and when I was training it never occurred to me until it was pointed out that the in-lesson talk was the actual teaching. But of course that’s what it basically comes down to. In the moment it felt like such a novelty after Bruce to see a manager manage.

11 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

After the first goal, he had Shelvey over for a chat, presumably something tactical. I’m a teacher and when I was training it never occurred to me until it was pointed out that the in-lesson talk was the actual teaching. But of course that’s what it basically comes down to. In the moment it felt like such a novelty after Bruce to see a manager manage.

Reminds me of Bruce standing silent, hands in pockets, while Jones talked to the players

I mean it definitely isn't unbelievable. :lol: But it'd be a really good achievement if we were to survive with room to spare given how desperate we looked in the middle of Jan.

A top half finish would be remarkable. A Europa spot is 'unbelievable' territory imo.

Probs just being a miserable twat. 

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Some would say it's the greatest escape ever seen. Probably dvd worthy. ;)

Im sure everyone would buy it, had Tinos hat trick game on VHS when I was younger. Surprised I didn’t wear the thing out.

They’d just need to show Cabbage head in a true light, for around 5 minutes and then the rest can be our glorious revival.

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I mean it definitely isn't unbelievable. :lol: But it'd be a really good achievement if we were to survive with room to spare given how desperate we looked in the middle of Jan.

A top half finish would be remarkable. A Europa spot is 'unbelievable' territory imo.

Probs just being a miserable twat. 

Half right like.

It's not just the PFM pundits who are are quick to point to the sum spent in January. (Not the players, the amount spent. Talking about the players bought as opposed to the numbers is a step too far for them.)

I've just noticed that there are a fair number who just don't rate Eddie Howe, or who hasd already gone on record saying he was a bad appointment.  They're not going to admit they were wrong easily. I watched some Youtube  jabroni reiterate that he thought that "Eddie Howe was a uniquely bad appointment for Newcastle", before mumbling about the January spent, catching Everton at a good time, and the Brentford red card. He was really struggling. But I sensed that his animus wasn't really with Nufc, it was with Eddie Howe.

On one of the Southamton boards, they're having a go at each other about Howe. Seems half of the board are sarcastically predicting our upcoming tie as an easy win for the Saints  because "Howe is a crap". The other half of the board, are calling them WUMs.  Board history, I suppose. Maybe some Southamton fans don't rate How because of the Bournemouth connection? Who knows.

Anyway, it's going to take some time for Howe to get the credit he deserves. Some people are deeply invested in not seeing the obvious. 

Edited by gazza ladra

21 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

It's not just the PFM pundits who are are quick to point to the sum spent in January. (Not the players, the amount spent. Talking about the players bought as opposed to the numbers is a step too far for them.)

I've just noticed that there are a fair number who just don't rate Eddie Howe,or went on record saying he was a bad appointment. I watched some Youtube  jabroni reiterate that he thought that "Eddie Howe was a uniquely bad appointment for Newcastle", before mumbling about the January spent, catching Everton at a good time, and the Brentford red card. He was really struggling. But I sensed that his animus wasn't really with Nufc, it was with Eddie Howe.

On one of the Southamton boards, they're having a go at each other about Howe. Seems half of the board are sarcastically predicting our upcoming tie as an easy win for the Saints  because "Howe is a crap". The other half of the board, are calling them WUMs.  Board history, I suppose. Maybe some Southamton fans don't rate How because of the Bournemouth connection? Who knows.

Anyway, it's going to take some time for Howe to get the credit he deserves. Some people are deeply invested in not seeing the obvious. 

A lot of our fans also thought the same when he was first appointed to be fair, not the sensible ones but also doubted who said things like “a bit underwhelmed but I’ll back him now he’s here”.

i always rated him and actually have a £50 bet with a Man Utd fan made a day or two after his appointment, he bet me that Eddie Howe will get us relegated because “that’s what he does”. I mean forget the fact he dragged Bournemouth  up through the leagues and kept bournemouth up for quite a few seasons.

Edited by Gawalls

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

A lot of our fans also thought the same when he was first appointed to be fair, not the sensible ones but also doubted who said things like “a bit underwhelmed but I’ll back him now he’s here”.

i always rated him and actually have a £50 bet with a Man Utd fan made a day or two after his appointment, he bet me that Eddie Howe will get us relegated because “that’s what he does”. I mean forget the fact he dragged Bournemouth  up through the leagues and kept bournemouth up for quite a few seasons.

I knew he’d keep us up after watching the Minus 17 documentary shortly after his appointment :cool:

:indi: onwards of upwards! 

4 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

I knew he’d keep us up after watching the Minus 17 documentary shortly after his appointment :cool:

Thanks for that. Worth watching.

I have a better understanding and appreciation for the team photos the club takes after victories.  I can see where that comes from after watching this movie. Enjoying  a good laugh at those who were making fun of Eddie Howe and the club after the Burnley win. 

Edited by gazza ladra

5 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Thanks for that. Worth watching.

I have a better understanding and appreciation for the team photos the club takes after victories.  I can see where that comes from after watching this movie. Enjoying  a good laugh at those who were making fun of Eddie Howe and the club after the Burnley win. 

Inspiring isn’t it. Eddie’s the real deal. He’ll only get better. If there are mistakes, he’ll learn from them, and he’ll build a strong, entertaining team, with good solid characters that are the necessary cogs in the formidable footballing machine that we will become.  :indi:

One thing I’ll be interested to see about Howe is how sentimental he will be about getting rid of some of the players who are playing now but will need replacing. People like Shelvey. 

I was a bit surprised to see talk of offering Longstaff a new deal and I’m just interested to see how things play out. 

On 06/03/2022 at 23:16, PauloGeordio said:

This is fantastic like...cheers for posting. 

I see so many similarities with us re galvanising the club and dragging us out of the shit. 

Also...that tindall assist :lol: great watch. 

Howe: 'he calls it a long cultured ball, I call it a hoof up the pitch' 

Edited by Wilson

10 hours ago, Disco said:

Jamie Hooben interested in buying Chelsea according to Bloomberg.

8 hours ago, Wilson said:

This is fantastic like...cheers for posting. 

I see so many similarities with us re galvanising the club and dragging us out of the shit. 

Also...that tindall assist :lol: great watch. 

Howe: 'he calls it a long cultured ball, I call it a hoof up the pitch' 

Brilliant isn’t it. Remember how young Eddie was too when he took all this on. PFM :cool: