Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I like Southgate, clean cut, no frills, gets on with the job. After two good runs in the last two tournaments he deserves to keep going until it stops working. However, I hope he doesn't think he's the finished article and keeps trying to learn from his mistakes, he was outclassed and blindsided by a simple tactical change, I would hope he's looking to improve that side of his management going into the world cup.

As for Howe, he really was the perfect pick, he understands the club, the fans and has clearly learned a lot since his time at Bournemouth. It's still early days of course but the signs are there, club, manager, players and supporters all pulling in the same direction and he's personified the takeover, kept a cool head in the wake of Bruce and undone a lot of damage in a short period of time.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Mad if Howe doesn’t win so fully expect him not too.

Ralph's had some corking results tbf. 

Didn't realise these things were public votes tbh. Renders it a bit pointless. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Ralph's has some corking results tbf. 

Me either. Aye, he’d be a fair winner too but Big Eddie deserves it more as I’m full of bias  and it might actually force the pro Bruce press to recognise he’s done a good job which is absolutely verboten it would appear at the moment.

If we end up finishing in mid-table, the £92million will ensure that the praise isn't heaped on him to the extent it should be; despite Wood being a clear downgrade on Wilson, Bruno not featuring in this 'turning period' and Trippier only playing five games. Not that we didn't recruit well; we did, and they gave the place a huge lift, but the work on the training ground has been just as influential if not moreso. 

The notion of a team featuring Krafth, Schar, Shelvey, Willock, Joelinton, Murphy and Fraser (plus not featuring ASM and Wilson) winning 2-0 on the road was absolutely laughable three months ago. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Ralph as in Rangnick......corking results ? Really ?

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

If we end up finishing in mid-table, the £92million will ensure that the praise isn't heaped on him to the extent it should be; despite Wood being a clear downgrade on Wilson, Bruno not featuring in this 'turning period' and Trippier only playing five games. Not that we didn't recruit well; we did, and they gave the place a huge lift, but the work on the training ground has been just as influential if not moreso. 

The notion of a team featuring Krafth, Schar, Shelvey, Willock, Joelinton, Murphy and Fraser (plus not featuring ASM and Wilson) winning 2-0 on the road was absolutely laughable three months ago. 

I think you got all that right.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Give me a faceless decision maker and a small piece to camera on MOTD of them accepting the award. 

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Getting Manager of the Month guarantees defeat in the next game where we're concerned.

42 minutes ago, STM said:

When does the winner get announced?

Hopefully after the Brighton game

57 minutes ago, Paully said:

Well done Eddie. Fuck the baiters and their hypocritical bollox. They’ll all be at/reporting on  the Qatar World Cup. Nothing to see here move along people. Back to the football. Onwards and upwards :indi:

Maybe they should continue to ask the political quesitons to those in power in gov't and just ask Eddie football questions. This high horse shit is fucking insufferable. 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Paully said:

If only they (journos, reporters et al) would ask such questions to our government, to our ‘leaders’ and to people in power and with influence…

Fair questions to ask. Wish he'd just respond along the lines of those are questions for the owners or something though instead of providing the journalist with a gotcha.  

Edited by Smal

I don't think these are fair questions at all. He's at a press conference to talk about the match on Saturday. He's not there to talk about Chelsea, or Saudi bombing in Yemen. 

32 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Fair play, I totally get why they ask but I don't know what they're expecting from him personally. It feels like the time could be spent more effectively.

Yip, nothing he can do but bat it straight back and will have to do so for some considerable time to come