Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I could write a short novel about how brilliant this man is and what he's done with us so far, but I'll just leave it at this.

Steve Bruce has not won 3 consecutive Premier League games since December 2007. Eddie Howe has managed it at Newcastle twice in 2 months.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Can’t underestimate the fucking mess he inherited. A squad of unfit, broken and defeated players who had all the joy of football beaten out of them by the previous regime. Make no mistake and let me tell you, we were completely fucked. 

He basically had to work from scratch to rebuild the players confidence and try to get his methods across, basically having a pre-season when 10 games into the season with all the pressure and scrutiny of the takeover piled on too. 

Seeing the players now running themselves into the ground, pressing the ball with purpose and aggression is the most astonishing turnaround possible from what we’ve were under the last fucking loser. 

Incredible. 

3 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Can’t underestimate the fucking mess he inherited. A squad of unfit, broken and defeated players who had all the joy of football beaten out of them by the previous regime. Make no mistake and let me tell you, we were completely fucked. 

He basically had to work from scratch to rebuild the players confidence and try to get his methods across, basically having a pre-season when 10 games into the season with all the pressure and scrutiny of the takeover piled on too. 

Seeing the players now running themselves into the ground, pressing the ball with purpose and aggression is the most astonishing turnaround possible from what we’ve were under the last fucking loser. 

Incredible. 

But remember the toon fans were deluded, Bruce was doing a great job and NUFC needed to understand their station!!

Cant wait till we become a real force - the top 6 won't know how to handle NUFC and the toon army.  HWTL

Edited by Awaymag

25 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

But remember the toon fans were deluded, Bruce was doing a great job and NUFC needed to understand their station!!

Cant wait till we become a real force - the top 6 won't know how to handle NUFC and the toon army.  HWTL

There's already signs of this. Apparently Merson said we hadn't bought well, then just weeks later claimed we'd bought our way out of it.

People are flapping their gums trying to justify how unjust it supposedly is that Newcastle is now actually spending what it, itself could have probably generated in anyways. In fact, it has based on financial fair play. So now we're playing catch up in one swell swoop and people cannot stand it. People laughed at Wood, said Trippier came for the money (wrong!), and Burn didn't cost much and Targett is on loan. They laughed and said we're the new Everton, the old Leeds, etc. Etc. :lol: desperate wankers.

The saltiness is fucking delicious. 

Edited by Heron

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

There's already signs of this. Apparently Merson said we hadn't bought well, then just weeks later claimed we'd bought our way out of it.

Prople are flapping their gums trying to justify how unjust it supposedly is that Newcastle is now actually spending what it, itself could have probably generated in anyways. In fact, it has based on financial fair play. So now we're playing catch up in one swell swoop and people cannot stand it. People laughed at Wood, said Trippier came for the money (wrong!), and Burn didn't cost much and Targett is on loan. They laughed and said we're the new Everton, the old Leeds, etc. Etc. :lol: desperate wankers.

The saltiness is fucking delicious. 

And the best part …..

9644DE7B-0821-4192-B05C-E718D0883965.gif

If he had a hand in the selection of the January recruitment, he's played a blinder there too, to be fair. Went for character over star names and my word has it paid dividends. I wasn't overjoyed with Targett, Burn and Wood, but they've been transformational.

Even the flair Brazilian we've got seems like a down-to-earth chap happy to be playing here and loving the atmosphere. It's brilliant.

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

If he had a hand in the selection of the January recruitment, he's played a blinder there too, to be fair. Went for character over star names and my word has it paid dividends. I wasn't overjoyed with Targett, Burn and Wood, but they've been transformational.

Even the flair Brazilian we've got seems like a down-to-earth chap happy to be playing here and loving the atmosphere. It's brilliant.

👍🏻 In Howe we trust :indi:

45 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Incredible. 

Great post.

He didn't buckle under the pressure and stuck to his guns, but perhaps more important is this incredible team ethos that he's built. You can see that squad has a real togetherness and fight - something I've not seen in years. 

Just had a flick through to look for our longest unbeaten run in the PL. Last ten of 1996/97 and first two games of 1997/98 appears to be the record. Done 11 a couple times; once under Keegan and then in Pardew 5th season. Means avoiding defeat in all these next away games to match it. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just had a flick through to look for our longest unbeaten run in the PL. Last ten of 1996/97 and first two games of 1997/98 appears to be the record. Done 11 a couple times; once under Keegan and then in Pardew 5th season. Means avoiding defeat in all these next away games to match it. 

It's 14. Last 3 of 2010-11 and first 11 of 2011-12.

The team spirit is immense, Howe and his team have fostered that and he's not once been able to put his best team out.

No ASM, Trippier, Feddy, Wilson or Joelinton tonight ffs.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, Heron said:

This is serious BTW, who has been better?

Pep, Klopp and Arteta, but that's it after them. Fair discussion who had been better between Arteta and Howe like, but I think would have Arteta just above wor Eddie