Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I could write a short novel about how brilliant this man is and what he's done with us so far, but I'll just leave it at this.

Steve Bruce has not won 3 consecutive Premier League games since December 2007. Eddie Howe has managed it at Newcastle twice in 2 months.

... using mostly the same team as Steve Bruce!

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Just had a flick through to look for our longest unbeaten run in the PL. Last ten of 1996/97 and first two games of 1997/98 appears to be the record. Done 11 a couple times; once under Keegan and then in Pardew 5th season. Means avoiding defeat in all these next away games to match it. 

Would be nice but we’re away to Chelsea next so let’s not get carried away just yet.  Get a result there and it’s definitely on though.

5 hours ago, Nobody said:

Pep, Klopp and Arteta, but that's it after them. Fair discussion who had been better between Arteta and Howe like, but I think would have Arteta just above wor Eddie 

Have any of them exceeded expectations like Howe though? He litwrally had us in top 4 form. Whereas that's where they're expected to be

21 minutes ago, Heron said:

He'd be closest for me 

Depends where Wolves finish the season but Bruno Lage will be in with a shout if they get into Europe. He's done well with a squad of similar quality to West Ham and they are extremely good defensively.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Depends where Wolves finish the season but Bruno Lage will be in with a shout if they get into Europe. He's done well with a squad of similar quality to West Ham and they are extremely good defensively.

Honestly don’t know enough about wolves to be honest but maybe. They have had good results of late I guess.

7 hours ago, The Bonk said:

:lol:

LOL_Saints.png

:lol: Poor little old Southampton. Just can't compete with sovereign states blowing them out of the water with such earth-shattering signings as Chris Wood, Dan Burn and Matt Targett. How could they have ever kept up with us? 

8 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I could write a short novel about how brilliant this man is and what he's done with us so far, but I'll just leave it at this.

Steve Bruce has not won 3 consecutive Premier League games since December 2007. Eddie Howe has managed it at Newcastle twice in 2 months.

Please do write that novel; my appetite for consuming content about Eddie and Newcastle right now is more than the vast internet can satisfy! 

Guest HTT II

I wanted Emery, but looking back, he would have been the wrong fit at the time in terms of off the field stuff which Howe has been superb at like team bonding, little touches in the dressing room, keeping players who don’t play often or are injured involved, working 24-7 seemingly on video analysis, one to ones etc. Emery is someone you get when you have an established team wanting to win things or compete. 

Remember being in the “why do we never get a new manager bounce?” brigade when we got to Christmas having won just one game.

Having a manager who comes in, completely changes everything on and off the pitch and finally sees a sustainable run of form beats a “bounce” any day. 

6 hours ago, nemtizz said:

Massive fan of the time wasting he has instilled. 

Very smart. If we are under the cosh, find a 30 second or 1 minute interval to reset ourselves and have a breather. Break up the momentum and flow. Suppsoe it's why we are seeing longer extra time spells.