Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

10 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Wouldn't swap him for anyone In the league other than Pep and Klopp.

I'd add Tuchel to that list tbf.  I think he's the best tactician out of all of them.

Wouldn't swap him for anyone right now. That's not to say I think he's a better manager than Pep, Klopp and Tuchel, but with his work ethic he could become better. Really excited to see how far he can take us. 

Without getting too poetic I cannot describe how this man has changed my love for the game. The takeover lifted the clouds, Howe brought out the sun.

When the takeover went through it was exciting but we still had Bruce and it was still a chore to watch our games. When Howe took over I found myself watching every match I could, not just us but every team in the league, I've wanted to take in as much as I can, understanding the way teams play, their form, their results. Howe has lit a fire underneath me I thought I lost 12 years ago.

When I watched those behind the scenes Bournemouth training camps, I knew Eddie was the right man.

He has the two most important things to succeed as a manager; an incredible work ethic and a drive to learn.

Guest HTT II

I wasn’t at the match last night but feel I was and that’s down to Howe in my opinion who has made it an all inclusive club it seems which stems from him and his staff, from the pre match stuff to the post match stuff, it’s those small details that make supporting NUFC so much more enjoyable and for an armchair fan like me these days, makes me feel a big part of it all still. That’s what he’s brought to the club since he was appointed and again, Emery was my first choice, but this doesn’t happen if not for Howe. 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, STM said:

When I watched those behind the scenes Bournemouth training camps, I knew Eddie was the right man.

He has the two most important things to succeed as a manager; an incredible work ethic and a drive to learn.

You need that, but you need football knowledge, man management and a clear identity of style, philosophy and tactics and he has all that too.

Just now, HTT II said:

You need that, but you need football knowledge, man management and a clear identity of style, philosophy and tactics and he has all that too.

He's the full package, not the finished article but definitely has all the tools to be so.

13 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Without getting too poetic I cannot describe how this man has changed my love for the game. The takeover lifted the clouds, Howe brought out the sun.

When the takeover went through it was exciting but we still had Bruce and it was still a chore to watch our games. When Howe took over I found myself watching every match I could, not just us but every team in the league, I've wanted to take in as much as I can, understanding the way teams play, their form, their results. Howe has lit a fire underneath me I thought I lost 12 years ago.

Had to sign up to agree exactly with this, a year or so ago after we were hammered by Brighton I just couldn't take it any more, stopped watching football completely, even started watching baseball.

Now I've been to three more games since January than the whole of the previous four seasons, can't wait to get in bed to watch MOTD even on days we're not playing, and have a Kazakhstan premier League game on here in the background while I'm working.

I fcking love Eddie Howe.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

He's the full package, not the finished article but definitely has all the tools to be so.

This is his first big club job too so he can hopefully grow with all that comes with such a job, and I think he will, he has more about him than most and that more about him is in line with the top managers. His trajectory and ours is only going one way, upwards. And I say that even if we go down, which we won’t.

That was the first goal we've conceded in open play in seven league matches. I think Dubs would have clawed it away but for the touch off Big DB.

That last open-play goal, Cavani's, was also the last time someone scored against us with a shot that went straight in. The other goals since have been headers, plus the Lascelles og, which was a goal-line clearance hitting him. fwiw, I don't think we'd give a forward stepping out like Cavani anything like as much space to get a clean strike away now.

This is from Eddie Howe, someone who supposedly cannot organise a defence.

Guest HTT II

What I was worried about initially was our defence and how Howe’s Bournemouth would ship so many goals in, we look as solid as we ever did under Rafa right now, however, who as we know was a master tactician and a defensive first type coach. He’s laying the foundations defensively so when we have better attacking players we can hurt teams offensively and still remain strong defensively. It seems he’s learned a lot from going to Madrid to study Atletico and Simeone. It’s like he knew that was his and Bournemouth’s weakness and he wants and needs to improve those areas and he is, at NUFC of all clubs.

Guest HTT II
37 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Says they're looking at going warm weather training again. Athletic reckons Miami or Dubai. 

It’s summer weather almost here in NE1 at the moment!

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

What I was worried about initially was our defence and how Howe’s Bournemouth would ship so many goals in, we look as solid as we ever did under Rafa right now, however, who as we know was a master tactician and a defensive first type coach. He’s laying the foundations defensively so when we have better attacking players we can hurt teams offensively and still remain strong defensively. It seems he’s learned a lot from going to Madrid to study Atletico and Simeone. It’s like he knew that was his and Bournemouth’s weakness and he wants and needs to improve those areas and he is, at NUFC of all clubs.

This is the biggest thing that makes me have faith in him being right for this club long term and the man to bring us a trophy.

He could've easily rested on his laurels after Bounemouth and taken on Championship/lower half of the PL jobs until he just couldn't be arsed anymore. But instead he went away and learnt from masters of their craft to work on his weaknesses ready for when the right opportunity came along. And by God are we reaping the benefits.

Guest HTT II
Just now, wormy said:

This is the biggest thing that makes me have faith in him being right for this club long term and the man to bring us a trophy.

He could've easily rested on his laurels after Bounemouth and taken on Championship/lower half of the PL jobs until he just couldn't be arsed anymore. But instead he went away and learnt from masters of their craft to work on his weaknesses ready for when the right opportunity came along. And by God are we reaping the benefits.

He’s shown pragmatism too, he’s known for being a kind of gung ho attacking manager, and yet the first thing he does coming here, is ditches that while keeping the core elements of such a game, in favour of solidifying the defence and making it the foundation of our recent form and success. If we had Wilson and ASM on the pitch last night, we smash Southampton. Now imagine if we could add the quality of those two even more in wide areas, attack and midfield where we can dominate possession…