Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

40 minutes ago, madras said:

Just sounds like a standard pro and wasn't expecting to be rounding sheep up and the fact that he's regailinh the tale as a laugh later means the bonding may have worked. Like when you mona about going to a shit pub with your mates and still have a good laugh.

He said it was a ‘disgusting idea’ or somesuch and that he and Howe never saw eye to eye. He was clearly badmouthing Howe, not really talking about having a great time with his mates. Just sounds like a tool. 

Watched that podcast

He blames quite a lot of people other than himself. Been off the drink for 5 years but still blames everyone but himself a lot of the time

Still say he's got someway to go before he's "recovered"

Why are people getting riled at Treacy story? :lol:

It's fucking funny and speaks to a young manager trying things. I don't think I'd want to be up at 8am to traipse through a field of sheep shit when we could be somewhere nice. He also is quick to admit he fucked his career up and most managers could likely tell bad stories about him being a wrong 'un. 

Love the idea of our lads trying it, but either way I'm always curious to hear stories about Howe. 

4 hours ago, Thiago said:

It's fucking funny and speaks to a young manager trying things. I don't think I'd want to be up at 8am to traipse through a field of sheep shit when we could be somewhere nice. He also is quick to admit he fucked his career up and most managers could likely tell bad stories about him being a wrong 'un. 

Love the idea of our lads trying it, but either way I'm always curious to hear stories about Howe. 

Yet still blamed quite alot of people. Very Poor me attitude he had imo

5 hours ago, Thiago said:

Can't stop thinking how much effort Big Joe would put in to such a thing based on his on-pitch attitude and the thought entertains me greatly.

Tbf I once started on a sheep. Halfway up Hartside on my 1st c2c in 30c+ heat. Ran out of water 2 hours earlier, middle of the pack so not seen anyone for at least an hour and this fucking sheep was bleating at me all the way up the hill. Had enough, dropped my bike and literally offered it out and shouting things like 'mint sauce' and 'I know a welshman' utterly ludicrous behaviour.

Wasn't until I got in to Alston and came to my senses I realised it couldn't have been the same one just a series of them bleating along the way and one little fucker took the brunt of it. 

I can still see her now, her stupid face grinning, mocking me. Never had time for them since.

Yes a very James milner post and yes I'm not sure why I've bothered posting it either, but I've started so I'll finish. 

15 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Tbf I once started on a sheep. Halfway up Hartside on my 1st c2c in 30c+ heat. Ran out of water 2 hours earlier, middle of the pack so not seen anyone for at least an hour and this fucking sheep was bleating at me all the way up the hill. Had enough, dropped my bike and literally offered it out and shouting things like 'mint sauce' and 'I know a welshman' utterly ludicrous behaviour.

Wasn't until I got in to Alston and came to my senses I realised it couldn't have been the same one just a series of them bleating along the way and one little fucker took the brunt of it. 

I can still see her now, her stupid face grinning, mocking me. Never had time for them since.

Yes a very James milner post and yes I'm not sure why I've bothered posting it either, but I've started so I'll finish. 

I'd be careful, if you were in Alston then that sheep was possibly betrothed.

Having watched the full podcast, Treacy comes across like a self-entitled sort who seems to think that any manager who didn't make it their personal mission to sort out his various problems was no good.

Even Parky who is usually incredibly jovial gets pissed off at one point and says "At Championship level you can't expect a manager to be taking responsibility for all your problems, you can only expect so much support when there's a full squad of 20 lads".

I am contrasting that with Gerrard and Lampard, media darling boys who blame everything apart from themselves. Obviously big frank far worse but wasnt Gerrard throwing his players under the bus yesterday. 

I never understand this attitude, it's always a last ditch move with a high risk. I think Howe works hard to make even our fringe players feel they can contribute and they are valuable

Good fun reading his touchy-feely soundbites of late about team bonding and hearing tales of woe from the past of each player over dinner etc when he sends them out to fetch up a powder puff, limp disgrace of a performance like today.

Wolves is huge now. Needs to set us up properly and make key decisions (banish Manquillo, Bruno to start & drop Maxi) otherwise we'll get dragged into it again before we know it.