Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Promising 1st half followed by that shambolic 2nd. Got it wrong and deserves stick for it, still fully behind him though. Has to be getting at least 6 points from these 3 home games to see us safe.

Why does he deserve 'stick'. It's this sort of bollocks that's putting me off this place.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Promising 1st half followed by that shambolic 2nd. Got it wrong and deserves stick for it, still fully behind him though. Has to be getting at least 6 points from these 3 home games to see us safe.

Disagree with him deserving stick, I can’t overstate the miracle he’s performed with this lot to get us to where we are now. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Why does he deserve 'stick'. It's this sort of bollocks that's putting me off this place.

This tactical setup against this Spurs side was always likely to produce this kind of outcome. 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

[emoji38]

Beaten by a better side with better players. Aye, he got it wrong today but typical nufc fans overreacting to a loss.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Today was just weird. EH knows what he's doing, he's proved it before dragging this squad from certain relegation to (almost) certain safety. He got it about as wrong today as it's possible to, almost feel like anyone could have come up with a better game plan but he's earned the respect and trust and he'll recognize today was a total disaster and hopefully get it right. Cruel run with 4 consecutive away games like, thankful we won one of them tbh.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s performed an absolute miracle to get us to the position we are in now. 

Yup, we have sprinkles of quality, but most of our squad is wank. He’s got until the end of next season for me. I will decide whether he’s good enough when the dead weight has been shifted and our squad should be capable of a top 10 finish, with some decent cup results.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He deserves stick for today. The tactics in the 2nd half were akin to what Everton adopted and they conceded 5 to Spurs as well. I still love him and am 100% behind him.

You can give criticism for shit performances whilst still being chuffed with him being in charge, you know.

Eddie, what ye deein? :lol:

That was the exact opposite of how I expected us to set up. The one team where you need to sit back, play on the counter and whatever you do, don't leave space in behind. Dan Burn and Fabian Schar on the half way line. :lol: Would love to know what the successful version of today's tactics looked like, because I can't even imagine them.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Disagree with him deserving stick, I can’t overstate the miracle he’s performed with this lot to get us to where we are now. 

Still maintain he's not the medium to long term answer, however from the position we were in, even finishing 17th means that he will have done a decent job

Just now, The Bonk said:

Yup, we have sprinkles of quality, but most of our squad is wank. He’s got until the end of next season for me. I will decide whether he’s good enough when the dead weight has been shifted and our squad should be capable of a top 10 finish, with some decent cup results.

And the sprinkle of quality you mention has been pretty much unavailable to him for the majority of time.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Anyone heading to this thread to vent their anger want to fuck off.

We can be critical of the manager occasionally, without wanting him sacked or owt :lol:

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Good fun reading his touchy-feely soundbites of late about team bonding and hearing tales of woe from the past of each player over dinner etc when he sends them out to fetch up a powder puff, limp disgrace of a performance like today.

Wolves is huge now. Needs to set us up properly and make key decisions (banish Manquillo, Bruno to start & drop Maxi) otherwise we'll get dragged into it again before we know it.

Good to see you back posting about him. Been a tough time for you since Christmas up until the last few weeks. 

Snide stuff like your first paragraph shows your agenda for what it is. Pathetic. If you can't see how much he's lifted them and that without that we'd be down already maybe you need to spend your weekends watching something other than nufc. The club doesn't need "supporters" like you. 

Feel like the result was more to do with that 15 minutes of madness where the players positioning & composure went to pot for no real reason then anything Howe did. Although Shelvey at CB was weird, that said we didn't concede when he was playing there :lol: 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I agree. But the tactical set up in the 2nd half was asking for a disaster. You can criticise that while still enormously appreciating the gargantuan difference he's made to us up to this point.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

I agree. But the tactical set up in the 2nd half was asking for a disaster. You can criticise that while still enormously appreciating the gargantuan difference he's made to us up to this point.

Some can't. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

And the sprinkle of quality you mention has been pretty much unavailable to him for the majority of time.

Couldn’t agree more, mate. He’s doing god’s work without adequate resources.