Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I've posted on several occasions about how he's learned from some of the shit decisions he made pre-transfer window and that he's clearly better than I had him down as, despite not being as convinced as others seem to be. 

I'll definitely stop supporting the club I've followed my whole life because someone with your astute musings on football thinks I'm not what the club needs too, great point and definitely worth you taking the time to write it out.

Posting to complain about him listening to the players and rebuilding their confidence which has given us the chance to stay up. You call that support? Have a word with yourself. Agenda driven nonsense is what it is.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Is it not allowed to critize when the team lose? And in that manner? Then we cant praise when they win either.

Yes. People are allowed to criticize him and the team when they lose, just as they are allowed to criticize anyone's take on here. Nobody, apart from Pilko, has been over the top today, but it is slightly irritating when people continually resort to this victimization bullshit.

20 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

This tactical setup against this Spurs side was always likely to produce this kind of outcome. 

There was little in it for 45 minutes. We gave away a daft mistake and then they got the quick fire 3rd and it was all over. 

Point is he’s done little wrong and has us moving in the right direction. Performances last 2 games before today deserved 3 or 4 points, yet there’s people popping up in here with digs who’ve barely said a word in this thread since Cambridge just waiting for the opportunity.

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Posting to complain about him listening to the players and rebuilding their confidence which has given us the chance to stay up. You call that support? Have a word with yourself. Agenda driven nonsense is what it is.

Great job he's done of rebuilding their confidence with a few weeks away in Dubai then on the evidence of today. 

Whole performance, set up and subs were just mental today and you ignoring that is the "agenda driven" thing, tossing yourself off over Howe because he finally managed to get some good results and refusing to acknowledge that he made an arse of it today.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

He beat Conte's 352 at Chelsea 3-0 by matching up the formation as well, I just don't get it.

The first half we stayed deep and limited Spurs to nothing aside from the goal they scored. We matched Chelsea up before the break as well and we deserved a point at the least. He got it wrong today, evidently, because we've been beaten 5-1.

That doesn't mean that I want him out or I'm belittling what he's done so far. I've been his biggest advocate and love what he's about, how he is as a manager etc. But today was shit. You're allowed to say that after a 5-1 defeat which was 1-1 at half time, can't you? :lol:

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The first half we stayed deep and limited Spurs to nothing aside from the goal they scored. We matched Chelsea up before the break as well and we deserved a point at the least. He got it wrong today, evidently, because we've been beaten 5-1.

That doesn't mean that I want him out or I'm belittling what he's done so far. I've been his biggest advocate and love what he's about, how he is as a manager etc. But today was shit. You're allowed to say that after a 5-1 defeat which was 1-1 at half time, can't you? :lol:

Well this is exactly it. If I'm going to laugh my tits off at Lampard's tactical naivety in a 5-0 loss to Spurs, I can't suddenly think it's alright when Howe employs very similar tactics and we lose 5-1. :lol:

Well this is exactly it. If I'm going to laugh my tits off at Lampard's tactical naivety in a 5-0 loss to Spurs, I can't suddenly think it's alright when Howe employs very similar tactics and we lose 5-1. :lol:

We lose a game were more or less expected to lose and you get comments like this

My head shakes

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Great job he's done of rebuilding their confidence with a few weeks away in Dubai then on the evidence of today. 

Whole performance, set up and subs were just mental today and you ignoring that is the "agenda driven" thing, tossing yourself off over Howe because he finally managed to get some good results and refusing to acknowledge that he made an arse of it today.

Eh? He made an arse of it today - don't see anyone suggesting otherwise? 

Totally ignoring the period and changes he's made since the Cambridge game because "today".

Yes mate he definitely hasn't rebuilt anyone's confidence, joelinton, Fraser, anybody. You just have to listen to them to hear how he hasn't done it. 

We've had a hiding today, but at least you've got something out of it. 

I'll leave it there because you're clearly as thick as a castle wall. 

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

There was little in it for 45 minutes. We gave away a daft mistake and then they got the quick fire 3rd and it was all over. 

Point is he’s done little wrong and has us moving in the right direction. Performances last 2 games before today deserved 3 or 4 points, yet there’s people popping up in here with digs who’ve barely said a word in this thread since Cambridge just waiting for the opportunity.

Exactly, complete goons, the lad is brilliant & im absolutely proud hes our manager 

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Eh? He made an arse of it today - don't see anyone suggesting otherwise? 

Totally ignoring the period and changes he's made since the Cambridge game because "today".

Yes mate he definitely hasn't rebuilt anyone's confidence, joelinton, Fraser, anybody. You just have to listen to them to hear how he hasn't done it. 

We've had a hiding today, but at least you've got something out of it. 

I'll leave it there because you're clearly as thick as a castle wall. 

I already acknowledged the excellent run before the last 3 games so you're talking absolute fiction. 

You leave it there, Eddie will be on Sky in a minute so best go and get your crusty sock handy.

13 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I thought the initial set up was fine, agree with the subs and second half tactics though.

Just now, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

We lose a game were more or less expected to lose and you get comments like this

My head shakes

It's about as mild as it gets mate. :lol: If you can't even acknowledge that losing 5-1 might suggest that something about our plan went awry, that's not my problem.

I don't think the new owners require the same cajoling as Mike Ashley, bit zooming out, surely this is ideal:

1) Win a bunch of games to lift us out of the relegation zone and demonstrate Howe's credentials

2) Demonstrate the gulf in class between Newcastle and the top half, and the scale of nvestment required over the summer

Not saying it's intentional, but working out nicely.

What a drip :lol: I literally love Howe, have said that he's set us up in ways that I haven't understood until it's worked. We set up in a way that plays to Spurs'strengths, we lose 5-1 and wonder what Howe's intention was and people can't even handle that let alone actual criticism. Absolute bairn craic.

I love a bit of Howe as much as the next man, but the second half tactics were at best, naive. If you push that high up the pitch away to Spurs they'll take you apart, Everton was a warning of that.

Edited by The Prophet

Well would you look at that. Admitting that we played in a way that you can't against Spurs and were too expansive. :lol:

Fair play Eddie.

You can say he got it wrong without bollocks like ‘he deserves stick’. It’s shite man.