Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Changing the defence was weird when we went 2-1 down, suppose he thought we had to go more attacking. Just led to loads of space that spurs could exploit. 

Saying that, can’t see any scenario in which our lineup reliably beats their lineup, they’re in a different league. 

Disappointing result but the 9 game streak or whatever was always going to be a one off. 

We all knew this team wasn't good enough, but we did (before Bruce settled in) know they cared and tried hard. If we stay up the summer transfer policy needs to be ruthless tbh, there can't be room for "well he always tried hard but wasn't really any good".

Wolves is going to be another stiff test for Howe and the team and I'd really like to see a response from them, at least in application.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

You can say he got it wrong without bollocks like ‘he deserves stick’. It’s shite man.

And without writing off what we've done since mid January too. Spurs front three are absolutely miles ahead of our back four and they showed it today. The way we collapsed second half made it ten times worse. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

You can say he got it wrong without bollocks like ‘he deserves stick’. It’s shite man.

Think they're very similar things to say like, canny mild criticism. Didn't say it myself like, I think Howe's class and I'm happy that he can see where we went wrong.

Canny interview from him regardless, helps that he's not a charlatan similar to some of his predecessors. 6 away games in our last 7 has probably taken a toll on us. 3 home games coming up, plenty opportunity to put today out of our minds and seal safety. 

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Canny interview from him regardless, helps that he's not a charlatan similar to some of his predecessors. 6 away games in our last 7 has probably taken a toll on us. 3 home games coming up, plenty opportunity to put today out of our minds and seal safety. 

It really shouldn’t be allowed to have a fixture schedule that difficult. Everyone should have even spread of games, max 2 away in a row. 

I know this is probably impossible, but in theory. 

There were always going to be games like this, it's the price of trying to change to a more attacking style with players who aren't good enough. On the plus side, once we have better players, the change will look better.

Just now, STM said:

Next team selection by him is massive.

Yep;

Joelinton has been poor in the last 2 games.

Burn was brilliant at Chelsea but harshly it was his loss of Havertz that cost us, same with him stepping out and being skinned by Iwobi at Everton. Today it looked like his head gone, had a shocker.

Shelvey was very poor today.

I understand why Bruno wasn't started today but bottom line is he's our best player atm.

The winger situation is a bit of a conunudrum. ASM needs to be persisted with, he was better than Fraser though still poor by his standards. Murphy/Fraser is a poor, limited choice for the other side but needs must.

Wolves will be tough to break down, they'll sit off and play on the break with their pace out wide and good technical quality from centre mid. Need to be moving the ball quickly and get SJP under the lights right behind the team, not that it wouldn't be anyway.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

There were always going to be games like this, it's the price of trying to change to a more attacking style with players who aren't good enough. On the plus side, once we have better players, the change will look better.

Well, we only went attacking after we were already behind. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Yep;

Joelinton has been poor in the last 2 games.

Burn was brilliant at Chelsea but harshly it was his loss of Havertz that cost us, same with him stepping out and being skinned by Iwobi at Everton. Today it looked like his head gone, had a shocker.

Shelvey was very poor today.

I understand why Bruno wasn't started today but bottom line is he's our best player atm.

The winger situation is a bit of a conunudrum. ASM needs to be persisted with, he was better than Fraser though still poor by his standards. Murphy/Fraser is a poor, limited choice for the other side but needs must.

Wolves will be tough to break down, they'll sit off and play on the break with their pace out wide and good technical quality from centre mid. Need to be moving the ball quickly and get SJP under the lights right behind the team, not that it wouldn't be anyway.

Most of the side still picks itself, which is part of the problem. 

Can understand Bruno not starting today after getting back relatively late, but he has to start next time. 

Joelinton has enough credit to be persisted with, as does Fraser with Murphy being a significant downgrade. 

Burn has been poor today and made costly errors recently but I'm not sure taking him out for Lascelles is the answer. Same goes for Schar. 

Thought Manquillo was bad today too, but is the answer bringing Krafth back in? Probably not. 

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

Most of the side still picks itself, which is part of the problem. 

Can understand Bruno not starting today after getting back relatively late, but he has to start next time. 

Joelinton has enough credit to be persisted with, as does Fraser with Murphy being a significant downgrade. 

Burn has been poor today and made costly errors recently but I'm not sure taking him out for Lascelles is the answer. Same goes for Schar. 

Thought Manquillo was bad today too, but is the answer bringing Krafth back in? Probably not. 

Yeah. That squad still needs demolition rather than surgery once safety is confirmed. Probably won't be able to do that, but so much of it is 3 or 4 years past its best and needs to be peddled.

Yeah. That squad still needs demolition rather than surgery once safety is confirmed. Probably won't be able to do that, but so much of it is 3 or 4 years past its best and needs to be peddled.

Only Longstaff, Schar and Dummett have deals expiring this summer I think too. 

The challenge will be moving on the likes of Ritchie, Gayle, Hayden, Murphy, Lewis and Krafth, most of whom will be on money they'll be unlikely to get elsewhere. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Joey Linton said:

Only Longstaff, Schar and Dummett have deals expiring this summer I think too. 

The challenge will be moving on the likes of Ritchie, Gayle, Hayden, Murphy, Lewis and Krafth, most of whom will be on money they'll be unlikely to get elsewhere. 

Write off their contracts and then offer for free/loans. 

We seemed to 180 from relatively low block to high line in an odd way. I have a feeling Howe was struggling to see how we'd build moves after the first half and thought we could match them up and close the space in the pitch to good effect.

They just mullered us instead but it's a useful indicator of where this squad is at, in a way.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Write off their contracts and then offer for free/loans. 

Couldn't even convince the likes of Lewis to go out on loan and prove himself. I don't rate Murphy, but at least he was willing to go away and try and improve at a lower level. 

Offer mutual terminations, loans out, paying a % of their wages and/or cut our losses in getting rid and sell really low. Gayle, Ritchie, Krafth, Almiron, Fernandez, Dummett, Lewis arguably and Hendrick all need to be moved on. I don't see Lascelles or Shelvey being sold this summer so, aye.

Offer mutual terminations, loans out, paying a % of their wages and/or cut our losses in getting rid and sell really low. Gayle, Ritchie, Krafth, Almiron, Fernandez, Dummett, Lewis arguably and Hendrick all need to be moved on. I don't see Lascelles or Shelvey being sold this summer so, aye.

Had forgotten about Hendrick. I think we'll be able to move Almiron on.