Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Feel like the result was more to do with that 15 minutes of madness where the players positioning & composure went to pot for no real reason then anything Howe did. Although Shelvey at CB was weird, that said we didn't concede when he was playing there :lol: 

We conceded the Royal goal when he was at centre back didn't we ???

Guest dazzanufc1892

Done a very good job in spite of my initial feelings and there will always be questions raised on results like this.

Im still of the opinion that if we want to get where we are aiming for, international players wont talk about Eddie Howe, rather "Eddie Who" - something which could hold us back.

I've said from the start he isn't the long term answer, but he's the answer right now, so lets lick our wounds and move on to some home games where 5 points should be enough.

Spurs tore Man City apart when they played a high line and pressed them, I don't think this is on the players.

I'm not even really criticising Howe, I think he's great and has set us up in ways I didn't understand that worked. I'm just baffled by today and would love to know what he was attempting.

Guest neesy111
Just now, joeyt said:

Yes, it was before lascelles came on.

Just now, joeyt said:

May be my shite memory, but though he did the double sub after that? I may be wrong I kind of tuned out halfway through that half :lol:

Guest neesy111
Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Spurs tore Man City apart when they played a high line and pressed them, I don't think this is on the players.

I'm not even really criticising Howe, I think he's great and has set us up in ways I didn't understand that worked. I'm just baffled by today and would love to know what he was attempting.

Would help if schar didn't do that stupid cross field pass for their 2nd so soon after the restart. 

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Shelvey centre back was mental

We always seem to clamour for centre backs to play midfield, might as well do it the other way too. 

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

[emoji38]

Beaten by a better side with better players. Aye, he got it wrong today but typical nufc fans overreacting to a loss.

Yep, Spurs have far better players. The tactics we used in the second half of a high press, leaving space behind a defence not blessed with pace against Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Kulusevski et al is a poor tactical decision that I'm saying deserves criticism. If that's overreacting, then fuck me. :lol:

He's made a titanic difference to this club and he's got us in a position where 4-7 points will see us safe. Today doesn't change that. You can say that today, a 5-1 defeat after taking the lead, was shit though. 

Just now, neesy111 said:

Would help if schar didn't do that stupid cross field pass for their 2nd so soon after the restart. 

Thats what I think did us, straight after there second we went a bit high in an attempt to get back on level terms, and that played right into there hands, so in that aspect can say it was Howe's fault. 

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Good to see you back posting about him. Been a tough time for you since Christmas up until the last few weeks. 

Snide stuff like your first paragraph shows your agenda for what it is. Pathetic. If you can't see how much he's lifted them and that without that we'd be down already maybe you need to spend your weekends watching something other than nufc. The club doesn't need "supporters" like you. 

I've posted on several occasions about how he's learned from some of the shit decisions he made pre-transfer window and that he's clearly better than I had him down as, despite not being as convinced as others seem to be. 

I'll definitely stop supporting the club I've followed my whole life because someone with your astute musings on football thinks I'm not what the club needs too, great point and definitely worth you taking the time to write it out.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Fools criticising Eddie Howe on here man

FML

99% of the tits wont of seen a home game in 15 years honestly man 

I'm sure all managers get criticised for getting things wrong after a 5-1 loss tbh and 4-0 2nd half.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Yep, Spurs have far better players. The tactics we used in the second half of a high press, leaving space behind a defence not blessed with pace against Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Kulusevski et al is a poor tactical decision that I'm saying deserves criticism. If that's overreacting, then fuck me. :lol:

He's made a titanic difference to this club and he's got us in a position where 4-7 points will see us safe. Today doesn't change that. You can say that today, a 5-1 defeat after taking the lead, was shit though. 

Probably shouldn't have quoted you personally, but I just know what the reaction is going to be like after this.[emoji38]

9 minutes ago, Klaus said:

We can be critical of the manager occasionally, without wanting him sacked or owt :lol:

Who said anything about being critical?

That wasn't what I was getting at.

5 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Fools criticising Eddie Howe on here man

FML

99% of the tits wont of seen a home game in 15 years honestly man 

Is it not allowed to criticize when the team lose? And in that manner? Then we cant praise when they win either.

Edited by nufc123