Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Still much work to do but appears like we will get the results to stay up, even if its later than we all want.

Talk of replacing him and calling him this that or the other is fucking small time and bloody weird. Fuck off. 

3 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

Is it not time for PIF to revaluate the manager at the end of the season.

Howe was never the number one target. And his tactics in the second half of the spurs game

was just blown out of the water.

you are one of the worst fans i've ever known and hoped our club would never become just because we have money "power"

Edited by astraguy

Eddie Howe has done really well with what he’s had to work with, January was a fucker in terms of who was available. Aside from Trippier and maybe Bruno, we couldn’t secure first choice targets. We know we’d be fucked if we hadn’t gone out and overspent on a whole lot of average.

The squad is fitter, no doubt about that and they seem to enjoy training.. competitive and the little things like having the photo taken of the winning side in their training matches, the players look like they’ve bought right into all that.

But.. for me there's a niggling doubt, like can he hang with the best of them?.. he was totally outmanoeuvred by Conte on Sunday. We were matching them comfortably, but showed our hand for their equaliser. Conte knew we’d be vulnerable to the whipped ball into the box so he changed it up, dropped Kane much deeper and pushed other players further forward and wider to create the space. Howe didn’t know what to do about it. 

Yes the players had bad games too but it’s a group effort and they were let down by the manager as much as they let him down.

Conte has had a few stinkers as well so hopefully this is just a one off , we played well against Chelsea and ok-ish against Everton so it’s not like the wheels have come off but 4 defeats in a row will be terrible for confidence.

He needs to up his game again… if we totally tail off for rest of season and just scrape survival it won’t be a good look for him considering how well the side were playing.

Edited by Dr Jinx

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Eddie Howe has done really well with what he’s had to work with, January was a fucker in terms of who was available. Aside from Trippier and maybe Bruno, we couldn’t secure first choice targets. We know we’d be fucked if we hadn’t gone out and overspent on a whole lot of average.

The squad is fitter, no doubt about that and they seem to enjoy training.. competitive and the little things like having the photo taken of the winning side in their training matches, the players look like they’ve bought right into all that.

But.. for me there's a niggling doubt, like can he hang with the best of them?.. he was totally outmanoeuvred by Conte on Sunday. We were matching them comfortably, but showed our hand for their equaliser. Conte knew we’d be vulnerable to the whipped ball into the box so he changed it up, dropped Kane much deeper and pushed other players further forward and wider to create the space. Howe didn’t know what to do about it. 

Yes the players had bad games too but it’s a group effort and they were let down by the manager as much as three let him down.

Conte has had a few stinkers as well so hopefully this is just a one off , we played well against Chelsea and ok-ish against Everton so it’s not like the wheels have come off but 4 defeats in a row will be terrible for confidence.

He needs to up his game again… if we totally tail off for rest of season and just scrape survival it won’t be a good look for him considering how well the side were playing.

Give Howe that team and they’d tear us a new one too…

While Conte was my first choice, followed by ten Hag. I am so happy today that we got Eddie Howe over either of those and would not swap. 

The way he led us to (almost) safety in such a convincing and timely fashion is an absolutely incredible achievement, and the signs are there that it will only be better, once he gets players, that are better and more fitting his style of play. The future is bright!

world is going mad - it really is!

12 games ago, we were dead in the water, the squad was shit and we were certs to go down.

Howe manages to get 9 games unbeaten run and a lot of people were looking at top 10.   

The squad is still shit.    Our subs were murphy, lascelles and Bruno.   We are going to have to build from ground zero.   We need to strengthen the 1st team, first and foremost.  Those currently in the 1st team, bar a few become the squad players.   Those current squad players are shipped out.   Repeat each season until we challenge for honours.

We need to be patient.  Howe will get things wrong but he will learn and come back from them!

it was only November when we had a manager saying journalist should be slapped and 'well you know'

Chill out and hopefully this season will be over and we can forget about relegation being mentioned again!

5 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

Is it not time for PIF to revaluate the manager at the end of the season.

Howe was never the number one target. And his tactics in the second half of the spurs game

was just blown out of the water.

Really?? 

We've lost 3 away games, two of which were against the 3rd and 4th place teams, and the other against a team that we weren't confident of beating at home two months ago. out of the total 270 minutes we've been disappointing for 45 of them.

Calm the fuck down.

The way some of our supporters have turned on Howe and ASM is disgusting, you'd think we'd just hot hammered at home to Norwich, Burnley and Watford with our best team out. Some people need to touch grass and get a bit of perspective.

Can all the people with a bee in their bonnet about Howe getting "outclassed" or "outmanoeuvred" on Sunday please remember that it's only a couple of weeks ago that he would have beaten the European Champion (with half our team missing) if the VAR ref hadn't fallen asleep. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

The way some of our supporters have turned on Howe and ASM is disgusting, you'd think we'd just hot hammered at home to Norwich, Burnley and Watford with our best team out. Some people need to touch grass and get a bit of perspective.

To be fair, it’s a very very tiny minority and seems to be one or two on here and social media, let’s not go OTT on this in the way they go OTT on Howe/ASM…

Oh and if Conte was our manager with this team and Howe was their manager, the scoreline would have been similar. We’ve rode our luck a lot under Howe and sheer improvements in fitness, team spirit, hard work and individualism has seen us go on that 9 game unbeaten run. This 5-1 loss is the true reality of where we are as a club and team and squad right now. Yeah we could have drawn against Chelsea who are better than Spurs, but that’s us on top of our game and them not, Spurs were on top of their game and we weren’t. Again, Howe managing that team would destroy our team, even under Conte.

Just now, HTT II said:

To be fair, it’s a very very tiny minority and seems to be one or two on here and social media, let’s not go OTT on this in the way they go OTT on Howe/ASM…

Oh and if Conte was our manager with this team and Howe was their manager, the scoreline would have been similar. We’ve rode our luck a lot under Howe and sheer improvements in fitness, team spirit, hard work and individualism has seen us go on that 9 game unbeaten run. This 5-1 loss is the true reality of where we are as a club and team and squad right now. Yeah we could have drawn against Chelsea who are better than Spurs, but that’s us on top of our game and them not, Spurs were on top of their game and we weren’t. Again, Howe managing that team would destroy our team, even under Conte.

I've not gone OTT, I'm not suggesting half our fan base has gone off the rails but there is a very vocal minority voicing ridiculous opinions and I'm sure people in the club are seeing them, I just hope they realise its not the consensus and just outliers. If ever there was a time we needed to be united, it is this run in.

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I've not gone OTT, I'm not suggesting half our fan base has gone off the rails but there is a very vocal minority voicing ridiculous opinions and I'm sure people in the club are seeing them, I just hope they realise its not the consensus and just outliers. If ever there was a time we needed to be united, it is this run in.

I’m not saying you’re going OTT, just that we shouldn’t read too much into the very minor minority who are over the 5-1 defeat and ASM in particular, everyone I know think Howe is the second coming of KK and ASM is world-class, now that’s OTT.

29 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Can all the people with a bee in their bonnet about Howe getting "outclassed" or "outmanoeuvred" on Sunday please remember that it's only a couple of weeks ago that he would have beaten the European Champion (with half our team missing) if the VAR ref hadn't fallen asleep. 

He did it on purpose in my opinion, that decison.

41 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

He's a cracking manager.

Is the player in the penalty box Shellvey? Looks just like him.

I'm going to take credit for that one as she'd had enough by that point....'put an 8 on his back and say it's Shelvey'

Whilst Calum Wilson's there looking uncannily like Peter Griffin.