Paulo Fonseca

Fantail Breeze

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Blows my mind when former players say things about tactics and managers not being all that important and that it's down to the players as if they're not also playing against footballers at the absolute peak of fitness and mental attitude who are managed and have tactical instructions.

Honestly, it's ridiculous.  The more data etc teams have the more it becomes important.

Honestly most of them just think it's FM and about signing the best players.

7 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Blows my mind when former players say things about tactics and managers not being all that important and that it's down to the players as if they're not also playing against footballers at the absolute peak of fitness and mental attitude who are managed and have tactical instructions.

That's why they're all gettign left behind and all these foreign managers are taking up all the jobs, and then they get arsey about it. Ridiculous people.

This will be an exciting hiring.  First off, the team was not organized under Brewce.  How many times have we heard him say that "unfortunately the team sat back too much and we conceded."  A good coach would coach that out of them.  And, if they did sit back they would do so with good positional awareness instead of being rubber banded all over the pitch and giving up soft goals.  

I love his philosophy even if we aren't prepared to play that way yet.  He has to get us physically fitter, first, and then get the front players firing.  Just getting the team organized better and holding the ball more will help the defense.  If your players play a patient build up game and are well spaced when you do give up the ball your payers are in good position to recover and possibly win the ball right back.  Just think back to the Spurs last week: Shelvey floats a long diagonal towards the outside of the box, it gets headed away and Spurs sliced through us leading to Shelvey's 2nd yellow.  I always got the sense that the only instructions our players got was "Push up!" or "Stay back!" without any thought into HOW we push up and HOW we stay back.

I really hope he is in the stands on Saturday.

Reading between the lines it seems the UK journo’s are acting on info a few days old when things were more open ended, and mainland Europe journo’s are more up to date, arguably because they’re getting info from the PF camp rather than the club.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Sounds like there has been movement on this today. I wonder if it's been agreed in principle pending agreement from our future DoF.

Jones has confirmed he’s in charge for Saturday and Chelsea. Reports are DOF won’t arrive until summer.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Sounds like there has been movement on this today. I wonder if it's been agreed in principle pending agreement from our future DoF.

Interesting they all say he stabilised the club to the point they'd get results against poorer teams and they were no longer concerned by that.  That's half the battle in this league.

Edited by mrmojorisin75

6 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Reading between the lines it seems the UK journo’s are acting on info a few days old when things were more open ended, and mainland Europe journo’s are more up to date, arguably because they’re getting info from the PF camp rather than the club.

That could also be a reason to be sceptical tbh. Sounds by all accounts that Fonseca really wants the job, might be his agent trying to push things along by releasing all this information. It's certainly not coming from the club. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Where’s this from? 

Jim White said he’d been hearing DOF not until summer and Craig Hope confirmed on his show he was hearing the same.

Hope said he’d be surprised if Fonseca was announced in next 24hrs which seems to be backed up with Jones saying he’s in charge for the Chelsea game.

Just now, LFEE said:

Jim White said he’d been hearing DOF not until summer and Craig Hope confirmed on his show he was hearing the same.

Hope said he’d be surprised if Fonseca was announced in next 24hrs which seems to be backed up with Jones saying he’s in charge for the Chelsea game.

Jim White still hearing voices! 🤣

Just now, LFEE said:

Yeah. Much as I'm quite sold on Fonseca, I am taking all these teasers being linked about him already being pencilled in as next manager with a pinch of salt. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

That could also be a reason to be sceptical tbh. Sounds by all accounts that Fonseca really wants the job, might be his agent trying to push things along by releasing all this information. It's certainly not coming from the club. 

There were also the articles that were very specific about his wage, which struck me as an odd thing to release.