Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Ramsey would be our best player ffs

That's not really saying much tbf. Question should be, will he be the type of player we should buy to get us competing for CL places?

Wages are out of control. Even if we're the richest club ever why would we want players that are already earning more than say a million a month at a huge club, those players already are unsalable and often not motivated anymore. It's too big a risk, especially in the first transfer windows.

We all know what it is to be stuck with players on high salaries that nobody wants. Having more money makes it easier to stockpile such players and that can easily lead to a dysfunctional and divided dressing room. We must always go for scouted players who have the right mentality and are hungry and determined to succeed.

Ramsey would be comfortably our best player, but I get people being cautious about his wages, etc.

Wages won’t be an issue if they’re going to be bringing people like Ramsey in. :lol:

Ramsey to the list of people who we’d turn our noses up at then. :lol:

Unbelievable.

It's not a case of him not being good enough. He's obviously a very good player, better than what we have, but that's not a high bar and we're going to have to be aware of FFP for starters.

He's 29. He's going to want at least a three-year-deal. Then you have to try and fit him into the team in a system we don't play. It just stinks of the early deals Man City did for the likes of Roque Santa-Cruz where it was buying players that were good and not players that were needed. £200k for him isn't a wise investment when we could spend a similar amount (in a total financial package) for a player that we know we can get 4-5 good years out of.

We’re not going to compete right out of the gate for the kinds of players that City, Real Madrid, et. al. compete for. It’s just not gonna happen. The likes of Ramsey, Coutinho, etc. are miles better than anybody else in this squad and attainable for the “new money” club that we’ll be until we prove that we’re contenders.

I still think it's fine to throw money at younger talent who will potentially be here in 5 years, rather than ageing stars who may not have as much to offer, long term.

There has to be a balance. I've no idea how Ramsey is doing over there or whether he is still a decent player, that's what should matter really.

The last few pages are a wild ride.

Turning our noses up at someone who would be the best player to play for us in 15 years :lol:

The more I think about it he’s a modern day Rob Lee. I think he’s clsss, would be gash in our current XI like.

I know it doesn't harm anyone and it's fun to dream of these signings, but it does make me laugh how no one seems to know what the fuck is actually happening with the takeover yet everyone seems to know the new owner's targets.

The last few pages are a wild ride.

Turning our noses up at someone who would be the best player to play for us in 15 years :lol:

The more I think about it he’s a modern day Rob Lee. I think he’s clsss, would be gash in our current XI like.

I was thinking the same

I don't care what age a player is as long as he's good enough and has the right mentality and hunger. Having said that, it's always exciting to have a future superstar in your team, or a proper big name star. It's all about balance I guess.

Ramsey to the list of people who we’d turn our noses up at then. :lol:

Unbelievable.

Are people genuinely expecting Mbappe? :lol:

I bought 3 mbappe shirts. The other two are for my wife and son