Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Don't turn your nose up at Wood. He'd contribute alot to our play and would be a threat in the air.

Let's remember it's an alternative, while Wilson is injured, not a long term solution.

Give Trippier something to aim at. Give their defenders something to think about.

Be happy with him, experience in the PL and someone who’ll give us a focal point up front. Not a glamorous name at all, but we need someone sharpish. Burnley would be crazy to sell him. 

Guest HTT II

I rate Wood for what he is, he’d be someone good to bring on with say 20 mins to go and lump crosses into, he’s not a technical player but as an old fashioned straight up CF who can score with minimal chances created for him or any real creativity, he’s good at what he does and he can hold the ball up and make it stick. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Signing Wood would scream a stop-gap appointment to be Wilson’s temporary replacement and get us through to the summer.

I wouldn’t be totally opposed to it, but someone like Brereton would be much more progressive/exciting.

I think with Wood though, you know what you're getting. Diaz from Blackburn might be out of his depth being chucked into a top flight relegation fight, then again he might not. 

Signing Diaz doesn't weaken a relegation rival either, Wood does. 

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

I think with Wood though, you know what you're getting. Diaz from Blackburn might be out of his depth being chucked into a top flight relegation fight, then again he might not. 

Signing Diaz doesn't weaken a relegation rival either, Wood does. 

What would we be getting? A striker who gets 10 goals a season? So we’d probably get up to five from him between now and then end of the season.

Brereton would have to be a total disaster to not manage five goals for us.

Signing Wood might not weaken anyone. Who knows, the funds we give them for him might be used on another Cornet. Could backfire terribly. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

He only has 3 the whole of this season, I’m not sure why people think he’s going to get 5. 

simple math of how many on the plate chances our midfielders who’ve been in strikers positions have fluffed. 

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

What would we be getting? A striker who gets 10 goals a season? So we’d probably get up to five from him between now and then end of the season.

He's a stop gap signing. Not a long term one. I think if we get him he can and will score the goals to keep us up. 

We have tons of money and you guys talk about Wood...

Bar got a hundred times lower because of last night eh :lol:

Better than what we have, we need to just survive and all that. Get someone better that we can actually use next season too, and one that is more likely to be a better player for now too. Fucking hell. 

Edited by Ikon