Transfer rumours

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

What about the previous 20 games? Or the previous 2 years? 

If I'm assessing an offer from this club I'm asking myself one thing; 'based on everything I've seen does this club stand a good chance of avoiding relegation?'

Having watched us lose to a L1 side where our defence wasn't really the issue, I'd have a serious and legitimate doubts of that being the case. 

I'd have second thoughts, when the alternative is just wait a few months where another big club will 100% go for me. 

Yes, completely look at previous games. Today’s means nothing. If someone wanted to join today wouldn’t put them off. The absolute state of the club under Ashley has already done that 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why? He’s hardly been prolific for about 4 years

As long as he's professional and still has the desire to play (both are big ifs) I'd take him. We need to bring in more than 1 striker, he has Premier League experience and the kind of fight that I think would help us out right now.

Guest HTT II

After today I’d hang fire on spending loads of money as we will be spending next season in the Championship either way…

Edited by HTT II

45 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Only good thing we can take out from today is, we need a fucking striker in quick before the Watford game. We can't rely on ASM if that was our plan? Unreliable.

2 of them please. Just one will not be enough. One more experienced and a younger prospect would be great.

12 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

MiGhT as well get Shearer out of retirement. Better than Gayle, ASM or Joelinton to stick the ball in the back of the net.

I would absolutely give that a go if he was up for it :laugh:

30 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

What about the previous 20 games? Or the previous 2 years? 

If I'm assessing an offer from this club I'm asking myself one thing; 'based on everything I've seen does this club stand a good chance of avoiding relegation?'

Having watched us lose to a L1 side where our defence wasn't really the issue, I'd have a serious and legitimate doubts of that being the case. 

I'd have second thoughts, when the alternative is just wait a few months where another big club will 100% go for me. 

This 100%

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

After today I’d hang fire on spending loads of money as we will be spending next season in the Championship either way…

Fuck that, I'd go all out, get those two central defenders, Vlahović, De Jong and Wijnaldum

18 minutes ago, kisearch said:

We've scored 5 more than Wolves in 8th, 1 less than Brighton in 9th, and Southampton in 14th. I think you can make a fair argument that our defending is still the problem despite today.

Wilson is gone for months……

20 minutes ago, kisearch said:

We've scored 5 more than Wolves in 8th, 1 less than Brighton in 9th, and Southampton in 14th. I think you can make a fair argument that our defending is still the problem despite 

A good centre forward or midfielder would be more beneficial to us staying up than a centre half especially with Wilson out for 8 weeks.

Back from the game and it laid bare what an absolute gutless and journeymen 1st team we have:

Dubs:  A shadow of his former self, he actually looks scared.  The goal, it was such a straight forward dive on the ball and he went over it.

Richie:  He is not a left back - stop playing him as a left back.   He is a sub winger at best

Shar:  Okay, just

Kraft:  playing Rugby, the amount of time he was wrestling with their forward and not attempting to win the ball, it was constant

JonJo:  okay, did some good passing

Longstaff:  £40m 2-3 years ago, £400k now

Joelinton:  Looked a bit lost today

Murphy: only one that tried runs

Fraser:  okay but if he is fast, then why dont we try to get him in behind

Maxi:  Some skill but no football brain and not a team player

All of the above need to be sold, the stench of defeat and failure is just overpowering

Edited by Awaymag