Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Hope the mail article is right. Any two or those 3 CB's would be great. Likewise Kamara or Bissouma.

A big quality up and coming  striker like Isak alongside a proven player that is more of a short term bet would be good too. 

Edited by toontownman

25 minutes ago, kisearch said:

What I'd give for someone like Man United era Henrik Laarson to be available on loan, someone at the end of their career who'd come and would more or less guarantee goals.

Was thinking much the same.

Zlatan, where are you...

Some mid table Spanish, German, French or any European league striker would do wonders on this team. It’s literally gotten that bad. Gayle has stolen a wage and never ever ever ever fit when we need him.

33 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Some mid table Spanish, German, French or any European league striker would do wonders on this team. It’s literally gotten that bad. Gayle has stolen a wage and never ever ever ever fit when we need him.

Think it was Yorkie I quoted in the match thread but essentially yes, a recognised striker who attacks the posts and stays central would be an upgrade at the moment. It’s an awful suggestion but that donkey Mbaye Diagne who was at West Brom would do an adequate job to ensure others can play in their actual positions.

17 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

If we don't sign left back Manquillo should start there.   Trippier could play there but I'd rather him in his natural 

By Howes comments its sounds like a ST must be the main main priority this week, hopefully we can actually land one high on the list and don't have to go to far down  out of desperation. 

Sign one lower down the list but more attainable, then look to bring in one of higher caliber in this window. Gayle is a non-entity and Wilson has injury concerns. Clubs have around three who can play in the striker role anyway.

Extremely risky to put all our eggs in one basket.

11 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Need to get their stakes on. We don't win another game this season without a new striker imo. We need one in this coming week or were down. 

Yeah I can see a response next weekend and far more intensity to the play but more of the same in the final 3rd with no striker. Throw in the fact we’re hardly watertight at the back and it’s a real worry.

Barbosa, Azmoun, Morelos are motivated characters who've won things where they're from; won't cost much; want to prove something; and importantly, cannot be worse than what we've got. Those in a front 3 will have an instant impact. 

10 hours ago, Slim said:

Think people underestimate how easy it is to sign quality players in January and how long it takes when teams want to maximise fees.

There has to be a couple of championship strikers who can get us over the line if getting top ones are difficult, still need 2 up front ,2 in middle , 2 at back and get new keeper

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, Menace said:

He's got a court case and shouldn't even be playing football..

Innocent until proven guilty surely?

Edited by HTT II

I expect the rumours to rocket from tomorrow. We are already 1/3 into The transfer window, and all we’ve got is Trippier….

It is beyond me why they haven’t done anything before.