Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Douglas retweeted a journo saying that a deal had been reached for Muto fwiw.

Thread worth?

Dunno just yet, that tweet referred to the report in the story (Kyodo News) Hayden posted.

Life pet hate of mine.

Sorry. :rose:

Douglas retweeted a journo saying that a deal had been reached for Muto fwiw.

Thread worth?

Dunno just yet, that tweet referred to the report in the story (Kyodo News) Hayden posted.

Life pet hate of mine.

Sorry. :rose:

It should be me who apologises mate, i never noticed that before, sorry  :rose:

Have we been linked to any striker besides Rondón and Plea?

We’re still at basically zero net spend with Mutō in.

Mitrovic will go, hopefully we get £20m for him. Does all of that go on Rondón? Or is Rondón in, Gayle out for the same amount?

That still leaves the Mitrovic money. Does that go on Townsend?

Mitrovic will go, hopefully we get £20m for him. Does all of that go on Rondón? Or is Rondón in, Gayle out for the same amount?

The Townsend talk died weeks ago, sort of assumed that one was history now.

That’s been the tactic

Think it's been stated that we are operating on a sell to buy basis until Rafa signs a new contract. All our moves so far seem to confirm this.

Seemingly Rafa was fine to go ahead with that for now and not sign until all his assurances were met in further discussions after the window closes.

Think Mike thought he could pressure him into signing up, by only releasing funds if he did, but Rafa took on the challenge of the sell to buy approach, and will not sign up until he is satisfied with all the terms. Academy and training pitch improvements included.

If we’d sign all these ‘shrewd’ signings for cheap and spunk £20m+ on a striker I’d be relatively happy. And we can easily afford it.

Said yesterday we've basically shuffled the fringe player pack a bit, improving on some that would never play and getting Ki to replace Merino etc.

As you said if we went and backed all that up with a +£20m striker it would still be insufficient but would at least be something and more than we'd expected a few days ago.

Think it's been stated that we are operating on a sell to buy basis until Rafa signs a new contract. All our moves so far seem to confirm this.

Seemingly Rafa was fine to go ahead with that for now and not sign until all his assurances were met in further discussions after the window closes.

Think Mike thought he could pressure him into signing up, by only releasing funds if he did, but Rafa took on the challenge of the sell to buy approach, and will not sign up until he is satisfied with all the terms. Academy and training pitch improvements included.

I’m assuming he’s already decided not to sign TBH.