Transfer rumours

Yorkie

38 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Especially this early in the window. They didnt just hear of our and AC Milans interest yesterday. They will have a plan of how and who to replace him with. The exodus is surely a worry though. Alot of players leaving and David likely going too.

Yep agree.

I'm not actually confident of getting him as I think he's still just slightly out our reach (old habits die hard) but nothing I've read so far really validates that concern at this moment in time, certainly nothing written from that bald shitcunt.

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Yep agree.

I'm not actually confident of getting him as I think he's still just slightly out our reach (old habits die hard) but nothing I've read so far really validates that concern at this moment in time, certainly nothing written from that bald shitcunt.

Just wait till Trippier comes in then the floodgates will open. He really does signal the start of a new era and put the marker down for ambition and seriousness of the new owners. To happily accept a £30m loss (due to age) as he's the best we can get will turn a few heads in the game. Even now the journos don't seem to get it, they want us linked with lazy options and to blow money on the wrong type of player so they can write more stories of how we fucked this golden chance. Isn't going to happen. Theyll make serious moves every window from now on. Shame for the player that turns down a chance to be part of it. 

What I’m most pleased about is it’s clear whoever is setting these targets, is well aware of the priority areas that need strengthening.

Whether that’s the owners, Hammond, Howe or a combination of all of them, doesn’t particularly matter - but they clearly know what we need.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

13 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Just wait till Trippier comes in then the floodgates will open. He really does signal the start of a new era and put the marker down for ambition and seriousness of the new owners. To happily accept a £30m loss (due to age) as he's the best we can get will turn a few heads in the game. Even now the journos don't seem to get it, they want us linked with lazy options and to blow money on the wrong type of player so they can write more stories of how we fucked this golden chance. Isn't going to happen. Theyll make serious moves every window from now on. Shame for the player that turns down a chance to be part of it. 

Let's hope so. 

Can see more signings of the Trippier ilk ie established high quality players, but signing some of the games brightest talents feels like a totally different challenge when they can just wait for 6 months.

Having said that, I imagine the wages we can offer to a players who's career has been in Holland and France may sway things. 

30 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Without trying to sound spoilt, I’d love to see more concrete links to new CMs tbh. 

Winger too! I don't understand why Murphy and Almiron are deemed good enough as right wingers.

I wouldn't use the media as an accurate source of our priorities.

I suspect we will see a couple of shrewd loan moves later in the window, for players who might add a spark in the attack.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

I wouldn't use the media as an accurate source of our priorities.

I suspect we will see a couple of shrewd loan moves later in the window, for players who might add a spark in the attack.

Tbf, it's literally my only source so I'm not sure where to go if I can't speculate on speculation.

Edited by Thumbheed