Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

"And still wants change"

[emoji38]

14 years of total nonsense and the usual suspects in pundit world never pulled the club up on it. 

" im here about the E-Type Jag, i know its priced at market value and in mint condition but would you accept 20 k less?"

Ends up buying a Robin Reliant and doing his shopping from the Silverlink. 

Guest HTT II
22 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah, scouting. Obvs nowhere near the levels of where Newcastle operate, but I speak to plenty of PL scouts when I’m out and about and in group chats. Also I just hate the fact they treat anyone with a different opinion as useless because they “know people”. That’s why I brought it up. Not a flex on my my part but a counter flex to him I guess. 

Not kissing your arse mate, but you’re generally spot in with your footy analysis of players on here, I think the game is crying out for scouts like you who have crafted your skills from a base level and who aren’t in a job for the boys type role like a certain former ex player of ours son who is at NUFC. More power to you and I hope you end up working for NUFC one day and unearthing the next big thing for our club ha ha!

28 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Looking at the clips of Alvarez and Barbosa - do the South American leagues not believe in marking, like?:lol: Everyone just standing still whilst the striker nips in behind.

Are you saying lascelles is South American?

I want us to start with the stupid bids now, like "fuck it, it's now or never so offer them daft money and see what happens"

Day 3 of the window and my unrealistic dream player desires must fulfilled

Guest HTT II
14 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Thanks Man, I really appreciate that a lot. I wouldn’t have even brought it up to Castles but I hate the way they condescend to anyone who isn’t part

of their shitty Journo club. Everyone on here knows more about the workings of football than him. Haha maybe they’d actually employ me under this regime. Saw a kid for Blackburn bang in a hat trick against Boro yesterday. Ripped them to shreds and their academy is pretty good 

More ordinary fans and kids’ coaches know more about the game than some of the so-called pros, ex players and especially journos. My son’s team’s coaches would wipe the floor tactically with Bruce (not a high bar I know), but he’s played the game and had over 1000 games as a manager, it’s like a petty little closed shop in the game here in England. Thankfully a friend of mine through coaching is at NUFC coaching, ex academy player, didn’t make it, but is playing at grassroots level, he’s an amazing coach. Sadly he has no real say on scouting which baffles me.

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

The ex-pro merry-go-round is absolutely lifting, like. When you see the likes of Danny Murphy, Jack Wilshit and Gabby fucking Agbonlahor describe themselves as 'sports journalists' :anguish:

They spout more drivel than the likes of Edwards, that and they are fifty faced, they change their ‘opinions’ like the wind changes.

Guest HTT II

Btw my son’s team coach has a UEFA B licence and has coached all over the world, if I had my own way the likes of him would be working in the professional game, they have far more to offer than some cabbage head ex Man Utd defender or Danny fucking Murphy.

35 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Some of the goals from this mother fucker :drool:

As the vid goes on, they get better and better.

Reminds me of Javier Saviola - which isn't a bad thing.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Absolutely agree, you wouldn’t believe some of the stuff you hear at matches, it’s mind blowing . Who is that if you don’t mind saying?? As far as I’ve been able to tell so far is like you say a closed shop, you can do tons of hard work but if you don’t know the right person it’s unlucky. It’s a archaic industry in a lot of ways. They don’t value the right things 

From experience most scouts I know of at academies are ex PE teachers or ex coaches/admin/secretaries at more well known grassroots teams who somehow end up at pro clubs. And most don’t have a clue. Whose been scouting for NUFC the last two decades at the academy because something isn’t working. Coaching is massive of course which we haven’t been blessed with at that level, Beardsley FFS etc. Needs a massive shakeup the whole system.

Edited by HTT II

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Btw my son’s team coach has a UEFA B licence and has coached all over the world, if I had my own way the likes of him would be working in the professional game, they have far more to offer than some cabbage head ex Man Utd defender or Danny fucking Murphy.

I know where you're coming from but we also need quality coaches at that level too. No point having your guy coaching the first team of a PL club if Bruce has had them from ages 9-14

Guest HTT II
Just now, Happinesstan said:

I know where you're coming from but we also need quality coaches at that level too. No point having your guy coaching the first team of a PL club if Bruce has had them from ages 9-14

Oh agreed, but if I’m NUFC I’m gonna want the guys at grassroots levels doing great things with grassroots teams and players in my set up preferably at the younger age categories rather than some former ex player and I’d like to think that way, that young coach could graduate to better things. Sir Bobby had the right idea, Mourinho being proof, look where he come from, he was a translator. AVB had a similar trajectory too. 

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Is Tarkowski any good? I know nowt about him other than he's in a relegation battling team, much like our current lot.

There's a lot of noise about him, atm.

As far as I'm concerned, he's in a defence that shipped 3 against Leeds the other night.

That's all I need to know personally