Transfer rumours

Yorkie

3 hours ago, St1pe said:

I’d never really bothered looking closely until we were linked to him after the regime change and he’s been absolutely hopeless in the games I’ve seen him play this year. 

He's been decent enough for a defensive minded Burnley for the past couple of seasons he is better than Clark and that is the sorry situation we are in. Anyone is better than what we have

13 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Niklas Sule? He’s an absolute unit and out of contract at Bayern at the end of the season, I think. 

I think if that was a goer he would be coming in. For a big fella he is also deceptively quick. 5th or 6th quickest in the Bayern squad which is pretty impressive considering who they have.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You know much about him ? I’ve never heard of him so anything you know about him would be helpful ?

Essentially a lot of the boxes you'd ascribe to a promising modern defender.

He's aggressive without the ball but not reckless. He can pass out into midfield and doesn't shit the bed when he's pressured. He's left-footed so Howe will love him, and if Lille are determined to get £60m I'd be happy to take this lad instead. I'd say Botman is a more imposing character but I have concerns about his recovery speed and the odd bout of clumsiness when engaging. 

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I think if that was a goer he would be coming in. For a big fella he is also deceptively quick. 5th or 6th quickest in the Bayern squad which is pretty impressive considering who they have.

Oh yeah. He’d be a great signing. Just saying I think he was another CB from the Bundesliga that we were linked with. That was a while back, mind. Not seen anything recently. 

1 minute ago, Thiago said:

Essentially a lot of the boxes you'd ascribe to a promising modern defender.

He's aggressive without the ball but not reckless. He can pass out into midfield and doesn't shit the bed when he's pressured. He's left-footed so Howe will love him, and if Lille are determined to get £60m I'd be happy to take this lad instead. I'd say Botman is a more imposing character but I have concerns about his recovery speed and the odd bout of clumsiness when engaging. 

There is a Youtube highlights clip doing the rounds on Twitter. He looked decent. But exactly what you describe there. A bit slow at times and his tackling technique looked awkward. 

All this speculation on players that most of us have never heard of and certainly never seen play, is all great and good and amusing, however the reality is if we don't sign a fuck load of players who can hit the ground running, we are going to get relegated however bad the other three clubs are that we are in a mini league with. Three days and counting.

If Botman is the player we want to build our defence around for the next half decade or more then no harm waiting to the summer imo. A young defender from another league/country that will come with a ton of pressure and expectation on his shoulders is probably not a priority right now. If we can get a player like that for a better price now then sure I get it but I'd rather we get an experienced for sure bet to keep us up. We could easily break a young potential player right now...or maybs make one. It's a gamble.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Sky apparently reporting it in last few minutes. Starting to hit Twitter it seems.

That's fine. Two can play at that game. We will bid 30m plus Gayle and Clark. If they continue to play games we will likewise continue to keep lowering our offers.