Transfer rumours

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I get we're desperate, but moves for players like these just make me wonder what Nickson is even doing.

Can our scouting team not find talent anywhere else?

Its a rumour put out by a journalist.    If all were true we would have signed 200+ players already with the amount of players being linked every day.    If they are aiming for Trippier standards of players then Im well happy.   We can't bash recruitment until we see who we do or dont get in the door!

Having said the above, they do need to get their finger out and blitz this week!

Edited by Awaymag

That Azmoun sounds like the perfect striker to get in if you want urgency. Will cost £5m, proven, multiple league winner albeit in weaker league but will have strong mentality. Clubs are only willing to pay £3m for him as his deal expires in summer - in that case just double it and get him in ASAP as the number 2 solution. Then you can work on a bigger deal in the background too. 

Just now, Toon No9 said:

Have we gone from Batigol, Alvarez and the likes to...

...to Wood???😕

*Gabigol (Barbosa)

Batigol was Batistuta and I would have LOVED him here - my favourite striker growing up after Shearer

8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Any fee mentioned?

The guy is a 1 in 3 striker, which isn’t bad. Burnley fans seemingly want rid but honestly, if we can get him in the team for Watford and then get someone better later I’d be okay with it. Seems like a low-risk (albeit low reward :lol: ) signing for the pinch we’re in.

Where do you get the 1 in 3 striker from?

He's played 21 times this season and scored only three goals.... he's fukking cr@p and not the answer. I would have expected this from Ashley, certainly not from Yasir Al-Rumayyan.

Why do you think Burnley fans want rid..... not because he's class...

Edited by gallowgate

Just now, The Prophet said:

Why would Barbosa be the better deal? He was absolute shite at Inter.

He might not be, but he is way more worth the chance than an old shitter from Burnley, Also he didnt really get the chance at Inter so thats just silly.

48 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

May as well get Mitro back if we want Wood 

Right now, I’d take him actually. Focal point, someone to aim crosses at and that. 

we should be able to get someone better, obviously

Burnley fans are mixed on this it seems.

Most think he's after a move so has downed tools a bit so makes sense to try and rinse us now.

Others are rightfully nervous as he has scored 10+ goals for them every season and when you're at the bottom you need that kind of goalscorer in your ranks. It's also a relegation rival attempting to weaken you.

They are quoting 20m+ on that forum which just sounds rank tbh. I'd be for it if it was a fairly low cost solution as realistically he would make a sound 2nd choice, possibly first choice for Watford whilst we work on something bigger.

Can't believe I'm weighing up the merits of Chris wood, was that takeover all a dream.

6 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

That Azmoun sounds like the perfect striker to get in if you want urgency. Will cost £5m, proven, multiple league winner albeit in weaker league but will have strong mentality. Clubs are only willing to pay £3m for him as his deal expires in summer - in that case just double it and get him in ASAP as the number 2 solution. Then you can work on a bigger deal in the background too. 

Good choice.