Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that virtually every game of professional football in the world is filmed / televised. The need to have scouts trailing around live games can't be quite the same as it was.

I like the idea of Nobby giving the club the tip-off, but I wouldn't have thought that footage of him playing would be difficult for the club to get hold of.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that virtually every game of professional football in the world is filmed / televised. The need to have scouts trailing around live games can't be quite the same as it was.

I like the idea of Nobby giving the club the tip-off, but I wouldn't have thought that footage of him playing would be difficult for the club to get hold of.

Televised doesn't let you see any off the ball. Its not a good way to scout

Televised doesn't let you see any off the ball. Its not a good way to scout

:lol: I'd imagine there's more than a single camera and would have to put faith the pure litany of quantitative player, training, coaching and game data gives better insight than any single scouting report could possibly provide.

It’s a reasonable question to ask how the fuck this player came onto our radar.

I don’t believe for a second that Steve Nickson and his team are aware of a player who (at time of writing) didn’t even have a fucking Wikipedia page. Even the most ambitious and positive reading is that Nobby or Tino heard about him and rang the club up.

So, I have trouble believing this player was actively scouted and chosen as an enhancement to the squad. Why the fuck is he here, then?

I'm guessing the 250k asking price might have played a part.

Why did we loan Lejeune out? Really don’t get it.

To make way for another centre back Bruce prefers.

Bruce likes his more old school aggressive centre backs.

Lascelles, Fernandez and Clark are the only three we have of that ilk.