Transfer rumours

Yorkie

The squad is better but Bruce has fucked off our best CBs and no longer has the proven quality of Rondon and Perez.

I really think we could go down, unless he’s capable of putting together a solid team that can counterattack along the ground instead of limping it to Andy. 4-4-2 wont work, Carroll starting every game won’t work, Wilson may not make enough of a difference.

Definitely. Wilson will be as successful as Gayle, if he gets the same number of chances. Bruce has already outlined the way he is looking to play by telling Almiron he needs to get used to it. He'll change back once Almiron is accomplished in the 442.

Say we were statistically the worst or second worst team last year. The signings might make us second to fourth worst statistically... then all we need is a bit worse luck or management to really be in the shit.

Our signings are decent but I don’t think they’ve meaningfully improved our prospects that much. They’re marginal gains.

Say we were statistically the worst or second worst team last year. The signings might make us second to fourth worst statistically... then all we need is a bit worse luck or management to really be in the shit.

Our signings are decent but I don’t think they’ve meaningfully improved our prospects that much. They’re marginal gains.

Marginal gains negated by the tool that employs them.

Dubs

Manq  Lascelles  Fed  Lewis

Hayden  Hendrick

ASM                    Almiron

Big Joe

Wilson

I think more of a 424 would be be best.  Hayden and Hendrick play deeper holding roles but Hendrick can move further up to supplement the attack.  I think he's a heady player with good positional sense and awareness.

Problem is I think both ASM and Miggy are better on the left. 

Could also see us in a 4321 as well.

Would really love a guy like Doucore in the squad.  He would supercharge the midfield

Dubs

Hayden  Hendrick

Big Joe

Wilson

I think more of a 424 would be be best.  Hayden and Hendrick play deeper holding roles but Hendrick can move further up to supplement the attack.  I think he's a heady player with good positional sense and awareness.

Would really love a guy like Doucore in the squad.  He would supercharge the midfield

Agree with this, I think the best thing to do is to play them as a central pair with the freedom to exploit any spaces that appear, focus on developing that relationship. Push the wingbacks up to help out, leaving 2CBs and Hayden to cover. Jobs an adequate one.

Dubs

Hayden  Hendrick

Big Joe

Wilson

Agree with this, I think the best thing to do is to play them as a central pair with the freedom to exploit any spaces that appear, focus on developing that relationship. Push the wingbacks up to help out, leaving 2CBs and Hayden to cover. Jobs an adequate one.

20200925-164642.jpg

This would be better for Wilson

I personally think centre midfield is our weakest area, we have 4 or 5 players there but I don't feel any of them are truly good enough.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Both offensively and defensively. Opposition runs right through them way too easily. Playing with a flat midfield two obviously isn't helping, but they cover ground way too slowly – and looses possession too often.

Yes, I think if we're to progress as a club, we're not going to do it with Shelvey & Hayden in the centre of the pitch (and they're the best we currently have). If we are to truly see the best out of the attractive names in the squad such as Wilson, Almiron & Saint-Maximin and also give Joelinton a genuine go at displaying the talent he obviously has, then we need upgrades there. Hayden & Shelvey both sit far too deep and their games are too restricted to one or two good attributes. The pair of them should be no more than squad players.

We have some good footballers for once, proper footballers, and we need to support them from deep and not just knock it long to them, and the key to that is a more creative, energetic and ultimately more competent midfield.