Transfer rumours

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Gareth Bale

100% the type of player we should be avoiding; all these MLS standard retirement players looking to cash in on their reputation for one final pay day. They wouldn't have come to Newcastle before the takeover that's for sure.

Edited by OCK

8 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Why would he leave BM though? Going to us as of now.

Yeah, thats a pipe dream. He will leave Bayern in a 2-3 years either way imo. Whether we can grow the club and project to a point that he see's that as attractive who knows. He is the type of player and personality I would like to see the club grown around though. He would absolutely LOVE Newcastle. 

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Yeah, thats a pipe dream. He will leave Bayern in a 2-3 years either way imo. Whether we can grow the club and project to a point that he see's that as attractive who knows. He is the type of player and personality I would like to see the club grown around though. He would absolutely LOVE Newcastle. 

what’s so good about his personality?

Think we'll get Coutinho. Makes a lot of sense, Barca need the money, he's played in the league, would be pretty amazing, I haven't seen him play for ages but he seems to have a good attitude and obviously naturally talented. 

I really don't want us signing players in or approaching their 30s who are well past their prime.

Coutinho hasn't done anything for 4 years and doesn't play in a position which is a priority. We need at least 1 CB, a mobile DM and a RB to keep us up comfortably.

Lamptey, Bissouma, Kalvin Phillips, Ward Prowse, Tarkowski, Kamara from Marseille. We could do a lot worse than 3 or 4 from that list in January.

22 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

what’s so good about his personality?

His whole story is pretty inspirational, obviously he is poster boy over here but speaks very well, is always the soul of the party at Bayern and in the Canada Camp and universally liked and praised. Zero ego and unbelievable head on his shoulders given his talent, age and what has been put on his shoulders. Full on bias from watching him play since his debut at 15 for the Whitecaps but he is a generational talent no doubt. 

Genuinely wouldn't want Bale here at all. As mentioned, 100% a player just cashing in a cheque.

Don't get me wrong, everyone's gonna be in it for the money, but you can be in it for the money and still be motivated to push on rather than coast. That's the kind of player I hope we look for.

On 31/08/2021 at 23:41, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The idea that Chowdury was our main target is depressing, the fact we didn’t get it done is laughable.

This is the most recent a tranfer target was mentioned.

Note the date, and the quality of the player. An entire month then went by without discussing new players.

How things have changed. [emoji38]