Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I would expect us to maybe go in for the likes of Zaha and maybe traore 

No thanks, good players, but a level below ASM. 

:lol: I do think we need to temper our expectations. We’re not going to be competing for world class players right out of the gates and that’s OKAY. The priorities for this season should be 1) establishing a front office framework (where one currently does not exist) and  2) keeping us in the league.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Reckon we could get Botman?

With our money we could get Batman

Edited by HTT II

People commenting say around 200 million in the next 3 years based on our reported profits but doesn't take into account any growth of commercial side which will increase that figure depending on who we bring in and for how much. Not sure if shirt and kit deals have get out clauses after 1 season and if there is a desire or plan to do so 

I'd absolutely love to contact Chelsea and ask the about the availability of Havertz or Pulisic. Not even with the intention of signing them (as they'd never sell them) but just to rattle their cages and let them know we're after good young players and we're looking at their players. 

Same for Greenwood at Man U, Bellingham at Dortmund or Foden at City. Just ask the question and let them know that if the haggling can be done then the player will be bought. If it comes to nothing then fair enough. Just want Newcastle to get it's elbows out and start making it's new found presence felt . Yeah, we're here now and we're looking at your best players, deal with the cunt. We want your best players and can offer them more than you're paying them, what are you going to do about it? 

I would have thought trying to buy a combination of the best players from the smaller clubs along with the good players from the bigger clubs who don't get to play much would be a good start. That would fill out the squad with lots of reasonably good players who could be upgraded further down the line. Initially we need to stay up and show serious signs of progress by the end of the season. So Maitland Niles from Arsenal, Perez maybe from Leicester, Winks from Spurs that kind of player from the more successful clubs and then the likes of Tarkowski and McNeil from Burnley, Sarr from Watford, Partey from Brighton etc. I know that I forgot Mbappe and Pulisic but I dont think we will be in that market for 2/3 years.

26 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

I would have thought trying to buy a combination of the best players from the smaller clubs along with the good players from the bigger clubs who don't get to play much would be a good start. That would fill out the squad with lots of reasonably good players who could be upgraded further down the line. Initially we need to stay up and show serious signs of progress by the end of the season. So Maitland Niles from Arsenal, Perez maybe from Leicester, Winks from Spurs that kind of player from the more successful clubs and then the likes of Tarkowski and McNeil from Burnley, Sarr from Watford, Partey from Brighton etc. I know that I forgot Mbappe and Pulisic but I dont think we will be in that market for 2/3 years.

McNeil Is a good shout.