Transfer rumours

Yorkie

20 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Chiesa is only on loan at Juve from Fiorentina I see.

If we we’re able to appoint someone like Conte, all of a sudden deals like this don’t look so unrealistic.

The Spanish giants are no longer cash rich, which means options are limited to PL clubs and perhaps Bayern for the top players.

A front 3 of Chiesa - Vlahovic - St Max would be up there with PSG’s front 3 for me.

Someone wake me up I can’t believe I’m even typing shit like this.

ASM isnt near that level yet.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

ASM isnt near that level yet.

Sure, but with better players around him and the opposition not able to treble up on him, the potential is there for him to be as exciting as anybody in my book.

Edited by Whitley mag

58 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Been having a look to see realistic targets PL targets that we could sign if our budget was upto £190m and the prices we would likely need to pay, personally I think we would get better value going to Europe for players. 

James Ward Prowse- £30m

James Tarkowski- £25m 

Donny van der beek -£50-60m 

Wilfred Zaha -£50m 

Total £165m

Don't think that's quite how it works. Due to amortisation if we signed someone,say for £40mill on a 4yr deal and wages of £5mill a year its spread out over the term of the contract so it would count as £15mill per year so that would come of the 3yr rolling figures.

Just now, madras said:

Don't think that's quite how it works. Due to amortisation if we signed someone,say for £40mill on a 4yr deal and wages of £5mill a year its spread out over the term of the contract so it would count as £15mill per year so that would come of the 3yr rolling figures.

No chance Van Der Beek would be 60+ mill

4 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Don't fancy Lingaard or Zaha tbh.  Think we can do better.

Not sure we can right now, but we could probably get some top quality talent from foreign shores. Although with the state of Brexit England, not sure we are that much of a draw any more. 

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

Man United paid £35 million for him 2 years ago and he’s done precisely nothing since 

And do you think a team that’s going to be a rival will not want more that they paid knowing that we need to build a squad 

Not going to get too greedy and dreamy until I know who the manager will be and where we’ll be heading. Survival this season is still the main priority and our focus should be that whilst identifying players to fill the glaring holes in the squad. Rather we have 2 good players in every position than 2 star players we rely heavily on only for them to pick up injuries and we never see a consistent team put out. From there we build maybe 2 players a window until they get to the level the new board want to be. 

Guest HTT II
22 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Don't fancy Lingaard or Zaha tbh.  Think we can do better.

I’d take both, but Zaha is a shite ASM for me, so infuriating, he could be next level, but I don’t know, there is something in his make up preventing that. I rate Lingard mind, but he’s similar to Willock, box to box ACM/goalscoring CM. We need some steel in there which we don’t have at all. 

We're in the market eventually for world class players Staveley's said - but we need the infrastructure around them first otherwise in her words it wouldn't work

Anyone that'll improve the current squad is worth it 

It'll be 2-3 seasons before we're signing any top players, presuming we actually stabilise and progress. Right now we'd be aiming at stand-outs from low-level PL clubs, or outcasts from the the top clubs. That means James Ward-Prowse, Tomáš Souček, Batshuayi etc.

Patience.

Edited by HawK