Transfer rumours

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I keep reading about us being linked with Anthony Martial... and I know beggars can't be choosers, but I'm just not sure about him.

I think he’s class but I’m not sure how we would use him. We just need people to help us keep the ball IMO. 

Just a quick scan of our first team on transfermarkt and we've actually been left to rot for a number of seasons. The squad is due a full upgrade in every department as we've just been sticking plasters over the cracks by offering contracts to an ageing team.

41 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Still got no idea what PIF are about. I’m hoping January will give us a clue. Would quite enjoy them spunking a load of wedge on an absurd signing. 

This is where I’m at. I’m not convinced they are going to spunk money on us and it’ll be more around the £50m per window mark but I hope I’m wrong. 

It’s going to be hard to really tell even in the January window though because I don’t think it’s a true reflection of a clubs long term transfer policy. 

I think they should be planning for building a team that could get promoted right now or certainly depending how far back we are come January. Realistically we are not going to sign the players to keep us up if 9 or more points behind.

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Dubs

Trippier Botman Tarkowski Lewis

Joelinton Gilmour Rice

Saint-Max Wilson Lingard

Midfield terribly unrealistic but it would be awesome.

Wouldn’t be spending all that money to then have Joelinton playing in the midfield 3

I'd hope for something like this after the window, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

Dubravka

New RB Botman Fernandez/Schar Lewis

Kamara Shelvey

Maxi Joelinton Lingard

Wilson 

We won't get all the targets we want in January, it's a shit window to do business in. Need a centre forward as well really, we're a Wilson injury away from being fucked. Though if we were able to convince Lingard to come here going off his West Ham form he'd be able to chip in with a few goals. But if West Ham go back in for him he's going there, no matter how much money we offer him. No idea who we could get for a new right back either, Trippier is a non starter imo.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Am not subscribed to the Athletic but in here it apparently says since the takeover we've kept in contact with him? People who can read it does it actually say that? :lol:

He seems to be exactly what we are screaming for in centre midfield. Should go all out and offer a decent fee to Marseille to get him in as soon as the transfer window opens and maybe catch other potential suitors off guard.

Just now, Conjo said:

He seems to be exactly what we are screaming for in centre midfield. Should go all out and offer a decent fee to Marseille to get him in as soon as the transfer window opens and maybe catch other potential suitors off guard.

Yeah. After the links with him out of curiosity I watched a couple of Marseille's Europa League games and he was really good. Solid DM who breaks up play with a lot of energy. Also can fill in at CB. Only 22 as well so will improve. Whether we're able to sell us to him with our league position though remains to be seen but he'd be an unreal signing.

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Am not subscribed to the Athletic but in here it apparently says since the takeover we've kept in contact with him? People who can read it does it actually say that? :lol:

Yeah it says we have had contact with him since the takeover went through.

16 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Have we been linked with him?

12 minutes ago, Conjo said:

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Yeah. After the links with him out of curiosity I watched a couple of Marseille's Europa League games and he was really good. Solid DM who breaks up play with a lot of energy. Also can fill in at CB. Only 22 as well so will improve. Whether we're able to sell us to him with our league position though remains to be seen but he'd be an unreal signing.

Him and Renato Sanches in the middle would be unbelievable 

I've no idea who that account is but why would it come out 'in the next day or two'? How often do January transfers get not just agreed, but leaked 2 weeks early?

Somehow never knew Trippier was a Man City youth product.