Transfer rumours

Yorkie

What happened to Lacelles? At one point he was performing well, was a model player, deserving of his captaincy, was linked with more successful clubs and was even knocking on the door of the national team. Did Bruce ruin him? Or was he another player that Rafa made look better than he actually was?

6 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

What happened to Lacelles? At one point he was performing well, was a model player, deserving of his captaincy, was linked with more successful clubs and was even knocking on the door of the national team. Did Bruce ruin him? Or was he another player that Rafa made look better than he actually was?

Probably a combination of things. Rafa’s system and coaching would have helped massively. Steve ‘I don’y really do tactics’ Bruce, would not.  

He has had a good few injuries with us now, I think? Certainly feels like he has been in and out the side a lot over the last few years. He seems slower and more clumsy these days, which could be down to injuries, I suppose. Plus it can’t help his form and consistency not getting a long run in the side. 

Not sure there is anything in it. As he was on the way down beforehand. But he also took a long time to properly get over COVID, I believe. 

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The club are prob just trying to push the price up.

And the negative spin in the article is probably Edwards revenge for the flak he got last night from our fans for his paddy about journalism. 

6 minutes ago, LV said:

The club are prob just trying to push the price up.

And the negative spin in the article is probably Edwards revenge for the flak he got last night from our fans for his paddy about journalism. 

But that would be so incredibly petty...

Just now, St1pe said:

I despise how much Edwards seems to enjoy trying to put the downers on everything to do with us now. 

The bloke is a miserable tool. Ignoring his buddies at True Faith, the rest of our fan base seemingly despise the doomongering cunt.

46 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

"Early Blow"

He's such a prick Luke Edwards like. It's called haggling. Just read Botman wants to come and Lille could do with the cash so they're obviously just haggling. Fair enough to them, but I'd hardly call it an early blow.

Edited by Scoot

I’d be very worried for our new overlords if we were only finding out now that he’s not for sale after seemingly making him a priority signing.

As mentioned though, it’s probably just maneuvering to get the price higher.

Just now, Emotic said:

I get the impression that there will be one or two "out of the blue" signings, on top of these rumoured ones. And those will be so much more exciting when they suddenly happen.

Hopefully they have learnt from the Emery debacle and keep as much quiet as possible until the deals are done