The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Well, thank god we won last night, or it would have been twitchy.

I get the sense this time 5 hours ago, the majority on here would have preferred Burnley to beat Norwich, but now, after the Everton and Leeds wins, are we back to not minding who goes down as long as it's not us, and thus, hoping for Burnley to drop points?

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think this weekend could give a body blow to Burnley. They must have thought after beating Everton that they’d found a way out of it. Now we’ve won, Everton have won, Leeds have a good chance of pulling away and all of a sudden Norwich away becomes a bit tougher.

but if they win tomorrow then they’ve still pulled three points from Everton this week so are up from last Sunday.

would have been better for Everton to beat Burnley and lose to Man U

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Well, thank god we won last night, or it would have been twitchy.

I get the sense this time 5 hours ago, the majority on here would have preferred Burnley to beat Norwich, but now, after the Everton and Leeds wins, are we back to not minding who goes down as long as it's not us, and thus, hoping for Burnley to drop points?

Norwich win all the way before any Everton result.

30 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

but if they win tomorrow then they’ve still pulled three points from Everton this week so are up from last Sunday.

would have been better for Everton to beat Burnley and lose to Man U

If Norwich beat them tomorrow then their morale will be shot to pieces. From having that glimmer of hope, to seeing Everton then beat Man U plus us & Leeds winning will be massive blows.

I've got Burnley geting 15 more points. Everton's win was 2points more than I was giving them. So we need 2 more points than I thought we did so 5-6. We could win our next two and that's that or win neither and the gap be even closer with hard games acoming. Neither would surprise me.

4-5

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Here’s a thought - if we were on 0 points when Eddie Howe started we’d still be 5 points safe from relegation.

that’s crazy

We are 5th on the form table since he took over I believe (unless I am totally mistaken and imagined that). Bodes well for next season. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

I've got Burnley geting 15 more points. Everton's win was 2points more than I was giving them. So we need 2 more points than I thought we did so 5-6. We could win our next two and that's that or win neither and the gap be even closer with hard games acoming. Neither would surprise me.

4-5

No way Burnley are getting 15 points from the remaining games in a month of Sundays. I'll be very surprised if they get to our current total let alone 15 points. 

Edited by et tu brute

Are people just subjectively raising the required points total to torture themselves?

"OK if we beat Brighton we're safe"

"Right we beat Brighton, beating Southampton should confirm it"

"Actually we probably need one more win"

"Yay we beat Wolves, we're safe"

"But what if Burnley hit 40 points? Oh God we definitely need two more wins"