The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

As Leicester and West Ham have only had to win their next game to move about 4 places clear I guess it makes the clubs reluctant to pull the trigger - incurs a lot of cost, carries a lot of risk. West Ham probably know they are poor at appointments

Think I’d prefer West Ham to go down over Everton but it’s like choosing what milkshake flavour to get - they’re all good. Quite like to see what forest do next season if they survive, if they go down they’ll just implode which is a bit predictable 

Crystal Palace  (12th,30 pts)

Still to play:  9 Apr Leeds (a), 15 Apr Southampton (a), 22 Apr Everton (h), 25 Apr Wolves (a), 29 Apr West Ham (h), 6 May Tottenham (a), 13 May Bournemouth (h), 20 May Fulham (a), 28 May Nottingham Forest (h)

Wolves (12th, 31pts)
Still to play: 8 Apr Chelsea (h)(w), 15 Apr Brentford (h), 22 Apr Leicester (a), 25 Apr Crystal Palace (h), 29 Apr Brighton (a), 6 May Aston Villa (h), 13 May Manchester United (a), 20 May Everton (h), 28 May Arsenal (a)

Leeds United (16th, 29pts)
Still to play:4 Apr Nottingham Forest (h)(w), 9 Apr Crystal Palace (h), 17 Apr Liverpool (h), 22 Apr Fulham (a), 25 Apr Leicester (h), 30 Apr Bournemouth (a), 7 May Manchester City (a), 13 May Newcastle (h), 20 May West Ham (a), 28 May Tottenham (h)

Scouse Mackems( Everton)(17th, 27pts)
Still to play: 3 Apr Tottenham (h)(d), 8 Apr Manchester United (a)(L), 15 Apr Fulham (h), 22 Apr Crystal Palace (a), 27 Apr Newcastle (h), 1 May Leicester (a), 6 May Brighton (a), 13 May Manchester City (h), 20 May Wolves (a), 28 May Bournemouth (h)

Nottingham Forest (18th, 27pts)
Still to play: 4 Apr Leeds (a)(L), 8 Apr Aston Villa (a)(L), 16 Apr Manchester United (h), 22 Apr Liverpool (a), 26 Apr Brighton (h), 29 Apr Brentford (a), 8 May Southampton (h), 13 May Chelsea (a), 20 May Arsenal (h), 28 May Crystal Palace (a)

Leicester City (19th, 25pts)
Still to play: 4 Apr Aston Villa (h)(L), 8 Apr Bournemouth (h)(L), 15 Apr Manchester City (a), 22 Apr Wolves (h), 25 Apr Leeds (a), 1 May Everton (h), 6 May Fulham (a), 13 May Liverpool (h), 20 May Newcastle (a), 28 May West Ham (h)

West Ham United (13th, 30pts)
Still to play: 2 Apr Southampton (h)(w), 5 Apr Newcastle (h)(L), 8 Apr Fulham (a)(w), 16 Apr Arsenal (h), 23 Apr Bournemouth (a), 26 Apr Liverpool (h), 29 Apr Crystal Palace (a), 3 May Manchester City (a), 7 May Manchester United (h), 13 May Brentford (a), 20 May Leeds (h), 28 May Leicester (a)

Bournemouth (15th, 30pts)
Still to play:  4 Apr Brighton (h)(L), 8 Apr Leicester (a)(L), 15 Apr Tottenham (a), 23 Apr West Ham (h), 27 Apr Southampton (a), 30 Apr Leeds (h), 6 May Chelsea (h), 13 May Crystal Palace (a), 20 May Manchester United (h), 28 May Everton (a)

Southampton (20th, 23pts)
Still to play: 2 Apr West Ham (a)(L), 8 Apr Manchester City (h)(L), 15 Apr Crystal Palace (h), 21 Apr Arsenal (a), 27 Apr Bournemouth (h), 30 Apr Newcastle (a), 8 May Nottingham Forest (a), 13 May Fulham (h), 20 May Brighton (a), 28 May Liverpool (h

Edited by astraguy

Looking at those fixtures, Leicester and Forest could really struggle. Leicester have some winnable home games, but imagine them not winning one of the next two home games in a row, that would bring huge pressure. I guess that’s why Rogers has gone because they need a result. Forest don’t win away so only really have two winnable home games left

It's not looking great for Southampton, and they are as it stands by far the most likely to go down in terms of odds, and their remaining fixtures aren't great, but I can still remember Sunderland giving themselves yet another stay of execution in 2014 under Poyet.

1108925569_sunderland1.thumb.png.56ee2b404d7b75118a4194d676e3b680.png

178548648_sunderland2.thumb.png.0a3e08ee0978e196194ee56a7a79c433.png

Look where they were in mid April after 32 games. Only two more points than Southampton, a worse PPG, 6 games to go, 7 points adrift and trips to Man City, Chelsea, and Man Utd in their next 4 matches. You'd normally think win your 6 pointer against Cardiff and nick a point or two in those other 3 games and that would be a good return, but they somehow ended up with 10 points, and ended up getting out of with a game or two to spare. There were no signs of an upturn at that point either. Awful GD, so not like they were narrowly losing 1-0 most of the time. They did get to the League Cup final a few months earlier, but then Southampton got to the SF this season putting out Man City, and Sunderland had only 1 point from 8 games prior to that Man City match.

There's obviously Leicester too just a year or so later under Pearson.

I do fear for Forest though and I'd like them to stay up, but they were close to taking 4 points from their last two home games, both at home, but ended up with only 1, and they really will need an upturn in away form out of nowhere.

I think it'll be those 2 and one other. Bournemouth most likely in terms of odds, but they have won 3 of their last 6 and the games they didn't win were away at in form Villa, Arsenal and home to Man City, so they are definitely giving themselves a fighting chance, and have a few decent looking, albeit huge, fixtures, as astras post shows.

I'm just delighted we don't need worry about it as we'd clearly be in the thick of it again without the takeover, if we somehow managed to stay up under Brucie last season.

As you say Southampton should go down, absolutely no signs of getting out of it. With how tights things are though, you wouldn’t bet on them pulling something out at the last second on the final day to just do it.

Southampton are the only team I'd put coin on going down atm, like.

Bournemouth look like they're getting a tenacity to grind results out.

Forest's home wins have dried up recently and they're absolutely feeble away from home. Got a really tough looking run in as well so they're probably the next most likely.

Don't think Everton will go, Dyche will grind out enough points. 

Leeds seem really poor but I haven't seen too much of them at all under Gracia thus far.

Leicester have finally made the change that's been coming all season and probably should've been made ages ago. They'll pick up now you'd think as a result.

West Ham similarly to Everton will grind out enough points but fixture congestion from the ECL may affect them.

Palace will be fine unfortunately. 

Wolves look shite despite their squad looking decent on paper, but I can't see them going at all. Lopetegui is too good a tactician.

JWP if you could get him for say £30m to pad out the depth in the midfield 6 could be good value. Think he's better than he's given credit for, good range of passing which we lack when Bruno isn't around, and obviously his set-pieces are dynamite. 

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

JWP if you could get him for say £30m to pad out the depth in the midfield 6 could be good value. Think he's better than he's given credit for, good range of passing which we lack when Bruno isn't around, and obviously his set-pieces are dynamite. 

He’s an interesting one, if we stick with our current set up do people see him as the 6? Or one of the eights?

Edited by r0cafella

Leicester are absolutely devoid of leadership on the pitch. Pissed away any amount of points this season and more than anyone else. That and conceding goals aplenty from set pieces stinks of lack of it.

Insane they’re down there given they have Barnes, Madison, Castagne and a couple of others who Id have here. Thinking about it all their good players play wide but their spine options are a mix of new to the league, not good enough, unreliable and past it.

That plus having players that don’t want to be there like Tielemans probably isn’t helping as is not playing a keeper.

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Leicester are absolutely devoid of leadership on the pitch. Pissed away any amount of points this season and more than anyone else.

Insane given they have Barnes, Madison, Castagne and a couple of others. Thinking about it all their good players play wide but their spine options are a mix of new to the league, not good enough, unreliable and past it.

Plus having players that don’t want to be there like Tielemans probably isn’t helping as is not playing a keeper.

Nailed it. Didn't watch them tonight but I've watched their last 6 or 7 in a row before then due to having a couple mates that are Leicester fans and they are absolutely pitiful. Rodgers should've gone ages before he did but they're absolutely devoid of a backbone and creativity outside of Maddison. And their fans (my mates at least) all know Tielemans is off and Maddison will not be there next season, think he'll be at us if we get top 4 or at Man City. Vardy is past it and Daka isn't good enough. Their keeping options are woeful and I actually thought they turned a corner after January, stuffing Spurs and putting 4 past Villa at Villa Park but they've lost 6 in 7, drawing the other, have the 3rd worst defence in the league behind Forest and Bournemouth (who conceded 9 in 1 game in August) and haven't kept a clean sheet since the last game pre World Cup. May be wrong but I think they've also dropped the most points from winning positions this season too.

They don't win on Saturday and they're just as likely to go as Forest and Bournemouth are imo.