The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Everton could be adrift after the next six games - they’ve got Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal, can’t see them getting much there.  Plus an excellent Brighton side.  They also play Southampton and West Ham, which are six pointers.

They looked fucked to me - though no doubt they’ll sack Fat Frank during that run in the hope of a new manager bounce.

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Everton could be adrift after the next six games - they’ve got Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal, can’t see them getting much there.  Plus an excellent Brighton side.  They also play Southampton and West Ham, which are six pointers.

They looked fucked to me - though no doubt they’ll sack Fat Frank during that run in the hope of a new manager bounce.

Would that not mean that they have a relatively easy run in until end of the season though?

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Would that not mean that they have a relatively easy run in until end of the season though?

They’ve not been picking up points vs sides at the bottom so far - though the English top flight increasingly feels like Italy used, where mid table teams effectively have their bellies tickled once safety is secured.  Also they do play Man City again

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Forest, Southampton and Bournemouth imo. Think Everton will still get enough points at Goodison a la last season and Wolves will start to improve under Lopetegui.

I think they get rid of Frank in time as well tbh 

The problem with sacking Lampard, and hiring someone to ‘keep them up’, is that it’ll be another hefty contract payout for them. 

As our friends up the road found out, once you get into this cycle of hiring, firing, payout, you eventually reach a point where it eats into your transfer budget to such an extent you end up with nothing, like they found themselves with under Moyes.

Tbf to Everton they’ve still got a few very sellable assets in Pickford, Gordon and DCL (injuries permitting). But if you keep having to flog the family silver…

I know there are very mixed views on this, but I’d still love to have Gordon. A bit of nasty and a lot of industry in our attacking midfield would improve us. Him and Joelinton with Maxi, Almiron and Bruno, would be hard to play against. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, SteV said:

The problem with sacking Lampard, and hiring someone to ‘keep them up’, is that it’ll be another hefty contract payout for them. 

As our friends up the road found out, once you get into this cycle of hiring, firing, payout, you eventually reach a point where it eats into your transfer budget to such an extent you end up with nothing, like they found themselves with under Moyes.

Tbf to Everton they’ve still got a few very sellable assets in Pickford, Gordon and DCL (injuries permitting). But if you keep having to flog the family silver…

The problem with Pickford is who needs him and would pay decent money?

Spurs maybe but after that the top of the table pretty much have the GK position nailed down.

so you are limiting the bidding war and therefore his value, he’s also only got 18 months on his contract.

if they went down it wouldn’t surprise me if 2 out of the mentioned three plus Dele Ali all start the championship season

I know it won't happen but Everton-Wolves-Southampton please. Everton doesn't need explaining. Wolves because Mendes can fuck off. Southampton because I'm tired of them hovering around mid-table being 'okay' interspersed with random humpings that any PL team should be ashamed of.

West Ham are weird, they have been excellent last few seasons despite expectations,  something has completely unbalanced them. Maybe reversion to the norm, maybe  some players were over performing, but also Rice now has to be involved with everything and a bit of me thinks they were better when he was defensice mid and Soucek was the one that wenf forward, the latter now drops deep to allow Rice to go forward and England's golden boy isn't actually as good. 

For the record I think Rice is excellent at many things but wonder if it's gone to his head somewhat.