Leicester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United (12/12/2021)

Yorkie

Just now, Mattoon said:

Our GD is going to take a negative double figures nose dive after those games too. December is going to be miserable to be an NUFC supporter. We can only hope we're still only a couple of wins from safety and not taken an absolute hammering in the moral department by the time we get to winnable games and new recruits.

For me, it's upto the fans to keep the players' heads up into January. They did that very well today. 

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I can’t stand it when people tell you how you should react through the heat of 90 minutes of football. Football is supposed to get the emotions flowing, it’s what makes it what it is. We have had 14 years of pure apathy, we as fans can and should be able to vent through 90 minutes without some clueless whopper telling people they are knee jerking. He clearly hasn’t got a clue about actually following a football match. Imagine just sitting though it all with a gormless smile on your face. Absolute whopper.

Clueless whopper. No need really

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Completely understandable. However I will say that Ndidi has had to drop into central defence for them before on more than one occassion and he is very good at it. He is a class player. Unfortunately for us Soumare then stepping into midfield is another that is very good on the ball and uses it very well too. Ironically it might have made things more difficult for us defensively in the end.

For me personally once I saw Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes where in the team my heart sank. Thought they would be playing the likes of Choudhury and Albrighton today. 

I was gutted when Evans went off tbh, they looked awful until Ndidi dropped back there.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I was gutted when Evans went off tbh, they looked awful until Ndidi dropped back there.

Yeah, Evans is decent but he's the sort that Wilson can get rattled with his pace and persistence, which is actually what caused him to blow a hamstring :lol:

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Im worried about who we can attract in Jan now. This is the most important Jan window for a long time, we might have to go championship/norwich

It's a concern for sure. Think we'll have to end up looking at the top players in the Championship or in the lesser leagues in Europe, like Belgium, Switzerland and the Netherlands. Maybe some of the better players in the mid table French clubs too.

There'll be players out there. The recruitment team are going to have to put in some serious hours over the Christmas period to figure it out. We need players that are hungry for a shot at the Premier League and want to prove themselves.

Just now, KaKa said:

It's a concern for sure. Think we'll have to end up looking at the top players in the Championship or in the lesser leagues in Europe, like Belgium, Switzerland and the Netherlands. Maybe some of the better players in the mid table French clubs too.

There'll be players out there. The recruitment team are going to have to put in some serious hours over the Christmas period to figure it out. We need players that are hungry for a shot at the Premier League and want to prove themselves.

We don’t even have a recruitment team do we ?

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Im worried about who we can attract in Jan now. This is the most important Jan window for a long time, we might have to go championship/norwich

It will and will always be loans , players not getting a game .

who was expecting anything else? Difference is we are prepared to pay a fee and the wages 

33 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Thing is if we are going to work on changing the way we play we are going to have to expect some days like this against better teams. Yes Leicester have been struggling, but once I saw Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes were in there I thought his could be a possibility.

I think the manager will learn a lot from games like this, and he'll just have to figure out how to set the team up to be better using the ball with the players we currently have. We could have come in today and just sat in Bruce style, but then we likely would have lost by what 2 instead of 4? But then what do you really learn from that?

Painful day, but lets see what changes are made in the team going forward now. If it means no more Willock in central midfield I will gladly take that,, because that is the huge issue  right now.

Think this is worth quoting again. 

I think people forgot how good Leicester can be and although they had a bit of help from decisions and us they capitalised. 

We are going to have to get some unexpected points if we’re going to survive at some point though. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We don’t even have a recruitment team do we ?

Of course we do man :lol:

Steve Nickson heads it up I believe, and the new owners have since returned all the staff since they've come in as I believe Ashley still had some of them furloughed :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Of course we do man :lol:

Steve Nickson heads it up I believe, and the new owners have since returned all the staff since they've come in as I believe Ashley still had some of them furloughed :lol:

I know Nickson is there, genuinely have no idea who else forms part of it ?

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

With all the fuss about them missing a bunch of players, I couldn't believe their team sheet when it came out. Those three are their best creative players and they were all available, and Daka's pace and movement is a headache in behind too, not too dissimilar from Vardy. Very bad day but a chance to learn some vital lessons.

The win against Burnley was incredibly big. The table still looks so much better. Lots of teams in the mix now that really aren't too far away from us. This whole thing is far from over. A couple of key signings in midfield and defence could improve us so much, and I don't even think they have to be world beaters either.

Just really unfortunate that we are missing such a key piece in the most important of positions.

Yeah dude, myself included, a lot of us glossed over the fact this team is much better than ours and any lapse in play on the pitch was going to result in a goal against. 

There's about 5-6 teams that look like relegation fodder, hopefully we can bring in the right players to avoid the drop, but I have a hard time seeing that happening as the season wears on. 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Tinpot cunts Leicester like. 

Say what you want about the big six but it's a travesty that those happy clapping fucks won the league 

:lol:

Goal music and empty seats, have previously been booing their team off and only sang at 2-0. Yet somehow seen a bigger club than us by the likes of Sounness...

Vile.

Edited by Heron

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Been out and missed it - got the highlights on and i know im gonna be disappointed

Enjoy fella, though being disappointed could be classed as knee jerk, so be careful :thup:

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m telling you, the PL will try their best to make sure we get fucked over by refereeing decisions and that we go down, not that they need much help in the going down department mind, as it’s a forgone conclusion thanks to Ashley and Bruce…