Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Saka will never leave Arsenal for any other Premier League club.

I doubt he will ever leave Arsenal period. If he does it will be to a Barca or Real Madrid, still I don't even see that.

Going to be a club legend at Arsenal as part of that young core that are already looking like they will be competing on all fronts going forward.

The idea that we will poach him because of our financial muscle at some point is just fanciful stuff.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Think we were linked with Cajuste a few years ago?

Linked to him under Bruce, but we splashed out entire budget on Willock instead and Cajuste moved elsewhere. Was linked to Leeds and Brentford too at the time. 

23 hours ago, KaKa said:

I doubt he will ever leave Arsenal period. If he does it will be to a Barca or Real Madrid, still I don't even see that.

Going to be a club legend at Arsenal as part of that young core that are already looking like they will be competing on all fronts going forward.

The idea that we will poach him because of our financial muscle at some point is just fanciful stuff.

Bit early for that pronouncement like, he’s only just getting started and he’s really young. Anything could happen. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But early for that pronouncement like, he’s only just getting started and he’s really young. Anything could happen. 

Barring something disastrous happening at Arsenal I just can't see him ever leaving.

He couldn't be in a more ideal situation at the club he loves and came through. Him throwing away the opportunity to go down as one of the greatest players in that clubs history because some other Prem club has thrown more money at him would be a horrendous move on his part, and it would sever all his ties at Arsenal.

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Looks like Enzo Le Fée will be a good cheap pick up for quite a few teams based on that graphic

Think he was on the verge of joining Bournemouth in Jan - didn’t go through for one reason or another 

On 27/03/2023 at 18:18, KaKa said:

Looking forward to quoting this when he signs for City :lol: 

(I want to agree with you, mind)

8 hours ago, Deuce said:

Looking forward to quoting this when he signs for City :lol: 

(I want to agree with you, mind)

What on Earth is he going to gain from going to Man City?!

He's a London boy that is at his boyhood club and is about to sing a £300,000 a week contract at 21 years of age, as part of a young core with a young manager that are primed to compete at the top in the years to come.

No chance he gives up the gravitas and status he has at Arsenal to join Man City man. It would be a crazy move.

18 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Regardless of whether they win the league this season, Arsenal will never be big enough to keep their star players.

This is an absolutely shocking post.

5 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Saka 100% will be poached at some point. City or Real Madrid.

He'll probably stay for the next two or three years at least. Then a lot will depend on whether City get done for cheating.

Arsenal look in a really good place, with a young squad that's only going to get better. If the FA manage to put the squeeze on the financial dopers, then they have every chance of staying at the top. He might even spend his entire career with them.

Saka now looks like one of the best players in the world. Doubling up on him doesn't seem to have much effect.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What on Earth is he going to gain from going to Man City?!

He's a London boy that is at his boyhood club and is about to sing a £300,000 a week contract at 21 years of age, as part of a young core with a young manager that are primed to compete at the top in the years to come.

No chance he gives up the gravitas and status he has at Arsenal to join Man City man. It would be a crazy move.

Well, Arsenal could go back to being 6th/7th, and Man City (or any other big club) could be the ones dominating the league and playing CL. 

Granted, it’s all very positive for Arsenal at present and there’s absolutely no chance of him leaving in the short term, but we’ve absolutely no idea how things will look in 5/10 years time. 

Mental to suggest any youngster is a lock in at any club for the rest of his career.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Well, Arsenal could go back to being 6th/7th, and Man City (or any other big club) could be the ones dominating the league and playing CL. 

Granted, it’s all very positive for Arsenal at present and there’s absolutely no chance of him leaving in the short term, but we’ve absolutely no idea how things will look in 5/10 years time. 

Mental to suggest any youngster is a lock in at any club for the rest of his career.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda ...

That team is on the up, and like I already said he's not some foreign kid like Clichy, Sagna, Nasri or Adebayor that all left to join Man City as soon as the going got tough. He's an Arsenal fan that wants to get them to the top.

Ah ... actually I've just realised why so many of you keep going on about this, it's the Arteta and Arsenal dislike coming through, and wishful thinking that they're going to lose their best players ;D

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

That team is on the up, and like I already said he's not some foreign kid like Clichy, Sagna, Nasri or Adebayor that all left to join Man City as soon as the going got tough. He's an Arsenal fan that wants to get them to the top.

Ah ... actually I've just realised why so many of you keep going on about this, it's the Arteta and Arsenal dislike coming through, and wishful thinking that they're going to lose their best players ;D

Believe me, Arsenal are nowhere near the top of the dislike list…

How many elite PL players have stayed at one club for their whole careers? Giggs, Gerrard (ignoring the MLS carry on). Anyone else?

Absolutely bizarre to claim with total certainty that someone with the thick end of 15 years left is guaranteed to be at one club only.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I don't have any dislike for Arsenal (or Arteta) whatsoever. However, that sentence is incredibly naïve, especially to justify your opinion that he will never leave Arsenal for another Premier League club.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Believe me, Arsenal are nowhere near the top of the dislike list…

How many elite PL players have stayed at one club for their whole careers? Giggs, Gerrard (ignoring the MLS carry on). Anyone else?

Absolutely bizarre to claim with total certainty that someone with the thick end of 15 years left is guaranteed to be at one club only.

You're changing the narrative.

This whole thing started with someone claiming we might be able to poach him when we start 'flexing our financial muscle'. Then talk of Man City poaching him in a similar manner came up.

We're not talking about him moving on towards the later stages like when Henry joined Barca for example. We're talking about him leaving when he is still in his better years, and him being convinced to leave in those years by throwing money at him.

In my opinion I just don't see that happening with him. He's already going to be incredibly well off financially and that number will continue to go up at Arsenal, because he is the face of that team and they will continue to pay him top money, because he is a huge asset both on and off the field.

He is not some foreign player with no real ties to the club that will just go where the money leads. I can't see him going to another Premier League club ever. At most when he starts hitting around 29 he might go to a Barca or Real Madrid for the experience. Even then, I'm not even sure he even does that.