Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

19 hours ago, KaKa said:

I've always maintained that the mid to lower clubs should actively target these kinds of players, but they don't seem to. I'm all for it.

Instead the foreign clubs seem to be taking advantage. Man City lost Nmecha to Wolfsburg last year I think and he's been doing well, and looks like he'll be a big coup for them.

The big clubs usually have these players tied up on massive wages (given experience and track record) and demand huge transfer fees - which is offputting. Also - the kids from Arsenal, Liverpool & Man U have a really up and down record.

However, I do think the Chelsea and City academy's are head and shoulders above the rest and a lot of those players are worth the money. But they also laden those transfers with high sell-on clauses and modest buy-back fees. 

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Chelsea listening to offer for Werner? 

Erratic goalscoring but can be a very effective player in overall play

No thanks. 

he would be expensive and is definitely paid a fortune. 

Hopefully there’s a pact between clubs and no one buys any Chelsea players causing them to fail immediately under their bloated wage structure. Abramovich was recording enormous losses wasn’t he? Not going to be sustainable for the new owners. Hope their policy of having 500 players out on loan comes back to fuck them as well 

8 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Chelsea listening to offer for Werner? 

Erratic goalscoring but can be a very effective player in overall play

I remember Werner in Germany. I thought then he was Very quick but I didn’t think he had much else to his game. His 1st touch was a little heavy for a forward and he didn’t have a great strike on him either.

Haven’t  seen much change since he came to England.

Guest neesy111
2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Christensen officially released by Chelsea. He's worth it on a free surely?

Off to Barca.

4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Christensen officially released by Chelsea. He's worth it on a free surely?

at the start of the season, there were plenty of Chelsea fans saying he was best center back in the league or something along those lines. 

Possibly the wrong thread, in that it probably isn’t realistic, but after seeing Osimhen highlight reel (looked like Shearer and Wright’s love child, who got all the relevant genes…) I can’t stop thinking about how good he could make us. My previous (from takeover to hearing of Man City’s interest) ideal signing was Phillips. Now also out of reach. 

14 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Possibly the wrong thread, in that it probably isn’t realistic, but after seeing Osimhen highlight reel (looked like Shearer and Wright’s love child, who got all the relevant genes…) I can’t stop thinking about how good he could make us. My previous (from takeover to hearing of Man City’s interest) ideal signing was Phillips. Now also out of reach. 

An awful lot of players are going to be out of our reach. Particularly those players that will take us to the next step that some have visualised and convinced themselves is possible.

22 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I don't think Osimhen is particularly realistic either but it does keep nagging away in my brain.

I assumed he'd go to a CL club, but the strongest links have been to Arsenal and Man Utd, neither of which are in the CL next season. Apparently Man Utd won't pay the asking price (£85m) and Arsenal are chasing Jesus, so there's a decent chance he doesn't go to either...