Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

Can people be careful not to put too much hot water in their transfer baths this evening please

We don't need 3rd degree burns this early in the window, especially when there'll be plenty more baths coming up

21 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If the £13m is legit then that's a ridiculous price like. 

Got to love how the 1 and the 3 have swapped over in that fee, last week we were talking about 31m albeit in euros.

31 minutes ago, buzz said:

Beye and Debuchy were about equal. Both only had one good season really. 

Think Beye hit a much higher level in that season than Debuchy ever got to, but they're easily the top two I've seen for us. It's only on what he's done up until now, but Trippier would easily be the best right back I've seen at Newcastle.

4 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Think Beye hit a much higher level in that season than Debuchy ever got to, but they're easily the top two I've seen for us. It's only on what he's done up until now, but Trippier would easily be the best right back I've seen at Newcastle.

Yeah Debuchy was never as good for us as we'd hoped. Beye was much better. Would probably say Janmaat was better for us than Debuchy too.

1 hour ago, NEEJ said:

£12m excluding add-ons according to Hope's tweet. Absolutely fucking insane. 

I think that fee is about right to be honest.

He's 32 years old this year and his contract is running down. Paying £25 million would have been very harsh on us, and so happy to see that it's looking like it's closer to half of that.

Vension is the best right back I think we've had in my time.....just not as a right back.

Was a beast at centre-half in 93/94 and player of the year in centre-midfield in 94/95.

Though he was very good at right-back in 92/93.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Canny sad like, but it's making me consider buying FIFA for the first time in 9 years.

I've been toying with the idea for a month or 2 :lol:

Stopped playing years ago as it was too fucking depressing.