Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

21 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Why haven't Atleti taken us to the cleaners here?

I can't get over this £12m fee :lol: :lol:

So surreal that these transfers are back. I missed ambition so much.

Add ons pal, but sign of the new times.

26 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Why haven't Atleti taken us to the cleaners here?

I can't get over this £12m fee :lol: :lol:

So surreal that these transfers are back. I missed ambition so much.

Because it just isn't the greatest idea really. There is a lot of money around Newcastle right now, and with good relations that could benefit them far more in the future, whether that be selling us more players or getting players off us going forward.

Besides Trippier has been a great signing for them having helped them achieve great success, and with his deal running down he had a desire to return to England. Atletico have done right by both the player and also dealt very well and fairly with Newcastle. It's a smart move.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Because it just isn't the greatest idea really. There is a lot of money around Newcastle right now, and with good relations that could benefit them far more in the future, whether that be selling us more players or getting players off us going forward.

Besides Trippier has been a great signing for them having helped them achieve great success, and with his deal running down he had a desire to return to England. Atletico have done right by both the player and also dealt very well and fairly with Newcastle. It's a smart move.

There's going to be a lot of deals for us to do in the next 2-3 years that benefit both us and the selling club looking to get rid of players. The bar for improvement at this club is so low. 

Fantastic signing that ticks every box. Great player, 100% proven in the league, knows and likes Eddie Howe, and has signed up in the first week of the window.

Five days in, and the answer to the lazy journo question "who'd go to Newcastle?" is someone who scored in a World Cup semi-final and got an assist in a Euros final, and is coming from the current La Liga champions where he was starting. Compared to where we were three months ago, this is mindblowing.

With our luck I assume he'll catch COVID as soon as he arrives.

Just kidding. Great signing, although having been away from football for as long as I have, I mostly just remember him being the backup fullback at Spurs.

Hoping for at least two more in - a CB and a forward - before the Watford game. Will probably settle for Ritchie in that game since ASM provides an outlet on the left and Trippier on the right. A forward will also mean that we play ASM in his best position. And we don't see Gayle play.

26 minutes ago, LRD said:

Hoping for at least two more in - a CB and a forward - before the Watford game. Will probably settle for Ritchie in that game since ASM provides an outlet on the left and Trippier on the right. A forward will also mean that we play ASM in his best position. And we don't see Gayle play.

Outside chance Lewis is back by then? Hopefully Fernandez too. Less worried about a CB starting at Watford unless we get someone that will naturally slot right in, the sooner we can bed a new CB the better to the squad though, especially if they don't have PL experience.

Hoping for a Striker for sure but a CM would be a bonus. Would be some going to get more than another player in before Watford but I like the noises that there are a few things close beyond Trippier!

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Outside chance Lewis is back by then?

Hamstring injuries take longer to heal. He went out in mid Dec. Doubtful he will play any games in January.

No idea how to embed tweets but Fabrizio has tweeted the below

"Kieran Trippier deal now sealed. Paperworks have been signed between Newcastle and Atléti, medical to be completed right now and then official statement in place. Here we go confirmed. #NUFC Trippier will be announced as first new signing of Saudi ownership."

10 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

No idea how to embed tweets but Fabrizio has tweeted the below

"Kieran Trippier deal now sealed. Paperworks have been signed between Newcastle and Atléti, medical to be completed right now and then official statement in place. Here we go confirmed. #NUFC Trippier will be announced as first new signing of Saudi ownership."