Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Reminds me of when Ben Arfa broke his leg - similar levels of gutted. 

Ah, see, I know what you mean. But as with everything Ashley, Ben Arfa represented a tiny glimmer of hope which, when crushed, was calamitous. With Triprpier, it's a true shame but you can't help but feel like we will be alright whatever happens. We have lost a brilliant player for a while. But we're going to sign fucking loads of them- it's great.

1 hour ago, Shak said:

We're not putting a turd in someone's soup, Mike. OK?

We've become old men. There was a time when we would have been dumping turds into soup without even having to plan it.

Hope going for 6 weeks out https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10512725/Newcastle-lose-star-man-Kieran-Trippier-SIX-weeks-broken-foot.html

Trippier is now set for surgery and only then will the club's medical staff put a proper timescale on his return.

The good news for Howe is that he should feature again this season. 

As long as there are no complications, players have returned from this type of injury in around six weeks.

7 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I'm sick as fuck. Absolutely gutted. 

Been a very long time since I've given a shit about our players. At least to this level. 

Yes, feels like an absolute hammer blow. Away from the fact he oozes class on the ball, his positioning and obvious talent I love watching the way he is constantly telling players what to do and geeing them up, pulling them together. 

Hopefully his impact just over last few games is enough and we keep it going. He has helped change the players around him already and defence looks better. Its a big blow but confident we can cope. 

18 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I was hoping Palace might be rearranged if they progress in the FA Cup, but apparently the PL may move some of the scheduled games forward to the midweek if that is the case.

Palace are already playing against Man City the Monday night before, so can’t see them being particularly keen to play midweek too.

Suppose the Thursday could be possible if their FA Cup game was the Sunday.

We could do with getting a sense of perspective about this. Since the season began, we have kept in touch with the other teams without him in the side. Yes we are a much much better side with him in, but the other contenders also need to start putting wins together to reel us in. Maybe they will, but we’re ones improving.