Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

I know this point has been made already multiple times but the fact we’ve gone from being unable to afford Choudry on loan to singing Kieran Trippier is absolutely insane and I’m loving every second of it. 

Delighted with the signing. Obviously things sometimes don't work out for whatever reason, but this seems as close to being a 'sure thing' as you could possibly wish for. I haven't tracked his career beyond his appearances for England, but you'd assume his peak isn't long behind him given how impressive his 2021 was. And in terms of his actual characteristics, he's simply exactly what we need.

Well identified as being a realistic target (going by his interview he was clearly keen to come back to England right now), and well negotiated with him and Atletico to make sure the numbers worked. A really, really impressive start in the transfer market by the new guys. Get in. 

My biggest takeaway from his interview, though, is fuck I hope next season's kit is better. :lol: That daft fucking number 4 ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Delighted with the signing. Obviously things sometimes don't work out for whatever reason, but this seems as close to being a 'sure thing' as you could possibly wish for. I haven't tracked his career beyond his appearances for England, but you'd assume his peak isn't long behind him given how impressive his 2021 was. And in terms of his actual characteristics, he's simply exactly what we need.

Well identified as being a realistic target (going by his interview he was clearly keen to come back to England right now), and well negotiated with him and Atletico to make sure the numbers worked. A really, really impressive start in the transfer market by the new guys. Get in. 

My biggest takeaway from his interview, though, is fuck I hope next season's kit is better. :lol: That daft fucking number 4 ffs. 

You know, you do like to live dangerously, don't you?  First the thread, now jinxing it calling the signing a 'sure thing' :lol: 

You flying close to the sun here, York. 

Jesus man, it’s so good being an NUFC fan at the minute. Even if we go down, I’ll be disappointed but I can just see it uniting the fan base more than ever and we will be back stronger than ever and this time without a bootcut Jeans clad, fireplace whiteying obese mess getting in the way of our ambitions. 

UP THE FUCKING MAGS. 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

You know, you do like to live dangerously, don't you?  First the thread, now jinxing it calling the signing a 'sure thing' :lol: 

You flying close to the sun here, York. 

:lol: I tried to balance it with the 'you never know'. 

34 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Is it confirmed that it's a 2.5 year deal? The mackems seemed pretty sure he'd be stuck on our books for 5 years while we went into a relegation spiral [emoji38]

Mackems making stuff up to make themselves feel better? There's a shock

4 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Get in. Will captain us to our first cup.

He's the type of player, in not knowing any of the other as much as they know them (if you get what i mean) - could/would make a good captain - as he can come in and give people shit and let them know it.

I think this is where lascelles is letting us down, it's like, "well he's my friend and i don't what to hurt his feelings" - Fuck that - they them their shite and to pull their fingers out - that's what you are being paid to do.

But we'll see in the near future.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Love that Howe's instinct is in the attacking sense. It's high risk given our current state but if we stay up and he continues to be backed, you get the feeling that the sky's the limit. 

High risk ? In what sense ?