Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

In the ground, I clicked on straightaway what was going on. Isak standing in the middle of the D looking at the goal like he was getting ready to take a penalty kinda gave the game away tbh :lol:

Also if anyone other than Isak was going to take that pen it would have been Schar surely? 

It's a good tactic like, think Liverpool and Chelsea have been doing it for a while now.

• 2 weeks later...

When you think of an international quality player, Trippier is the man. He brings so much calm around the team and he lifts everyone's game. I legit think I could play right wing and he would make me look good... for about 2mins before I start gassing out 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Unless I missed something, I think that was a flawless performance. The decision making, execution, positioning, final ball, defending were all perfect. What a player 

He overhit a couple of forward passes in the first five mins, that was it. He played perfectly for the rest of the game. They got nothing out of our left hand side at any stage 

Gary Neville described him so perfectly today.

“I was watching him today. I have to say, he knows the position inside out. He knows how to deliver the ball. He knows the weight of pass, he rolls it to the right side, he defends his back post, he has his body shape right. He’s a good example to everyone else at that club.”

Very good game but also the Trippier we are used to. Best right back for Nufc i personally ever witnessed. Not only great at his position but also everything else he offers like a leader.

15 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Unless I missed something, I think that was a flawless performance. The decision making, execution, positioning, final ball, defending were all perfect. What a player 

Yeah he was absolutely class. Love him dearly.

15 minutes ago, madras said:

Still at a loss as to why other teams haven't some sort of plan to shut him down quicker considering how much of our play comes through him.

Too concerned about shutting down Bruno.

Ten Hag was so stupid yesterday. 

Trippier has the 2nd highest open play expected threat in the league behind KdB and Man U gave him free reign. Nobody tracked him all game :lol: 

image.thumb.png.7fe419ccd02f688fe348d9382c15226f.png

One of the best players I've seen play for this club and if he can work at this level for a couple of years more he'll become the club's most important signing ever. Just a perfect signing at the perfect time. Dictates our play, never shyes from receiving the ball under pressure, amazing set piece delivery, quality, experience and leadership. 

5 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

He really should be first choice for England. 

i dont think southgate knows how use him, hence why he didnt look great at the world cup - he wasnt bad, but not up to usual standards.

So chuffed that trips plays for us. I've always rated him, ever since he first broke into the england squad and I'm always quite pleased when an English lad goes overseas to play their craft - think it shows a lot of balls and maturity and so few of them actually go. 

When i heard we were in for him i was buzzing! 

20 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i dont think southgate knows how use him, hence why he didnt look great at the world cup - he wasnt bad, but not up to usual standards.

This is it. He played some great balls during the world cup that were straight out of our playbook, but no-one read them so they went nowhere and made him look daft unfairly. He got accused of giving the ball away at the time... So I realised there was no chance of him being appreciated.