Sven Botman

The Prophet

It would be harsh on Schar too tbf :lol: In terms of partnership I could see Howe at least trying him with Lascelles too as his strengths compliments Botman more than the others.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It would be harsh on Schar too tbf :lol: In terms of partnership I could see Howe at least trying him with Lascelles too as his strengths compliments Botman more than the others.

Schar and Burn as back up. Eddie turning water into wine once more :lol:

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Someone else mentioned this the other day too, and it's a fair point.

If Howe really values Lascelles leadership and physicality. Then there is a chance that Botman may have been brought in as the ideal partner to cover for his deficiencies.

Be interesting to see how it plays out.

The thing about Schär is that he quite often gets wound up yet doesn’t quite have the physicality to mix it in certain games and he’s definitely been guilty of ball watching on a number of occasions that has led to goals.. but his distribution is the best of what we had. With Botman in, that won’t be as much of a factor.

If two left footed CB’s can work, just how formidable would Pope, Botman and Burn be?

I think there’s going to be games when Schär should play, for example against weaker teams where we’ll be having most of the possession.

But for the ones where we’re going to be up against it, I’d go with Burn every day. Going by quotes last season, attacking players hated playing against him.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Looking forward to seeing him play, hopefully he will be as big a flop as Bruno has been. 

Not in the Dutch team yet, marra. Obviously godawful.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bit harsh on Burn if he gets the instant bin, but I suppose it's cutthroat when you want to progress quickly.

I get the feeling Schar and Burn will still get plenty of first team action next season along with Sven. Lascelles is the one who will probably play significantly less games, but as an influential club player he might be prepared to stick around anyway.

5 hours ago, Shearergol said:

You also think that we're finishing in the top 4 and spending another £120m on forwards, so I'll take your opinions with a pinch of salt :lol:

I do however believe that Willock is going to have a big season for us.

Aye. If we spend £120mill on two forwards Wood isn't getting on the bench, never mind off it.

17 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Aye. If we spend £120mill on two forwards Wood isn't getting on the bench, never mind off it.

One is likely to fill the RW position and Wilson is quite injury prone still think Wood will play a part.

5 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

One is likely to fill the RW position and Wilson is quite injury prone still think Wood will play a part.

Ah, riighto. That makes a bit more sense. I'm backing Wood to get a few from the bench, if he gets the chance, but that does depend heavily on who we buy.

11 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

Except for the £5m pa or so in wages 

Wages are always ignored in discussions about FFP.

I know they are hugely relevant but there are few posts that consider them.

Edited by Happinesstan

Could nick man u jaap stam song

Sven Botman is a big Dutch man

Get past him if you fucking can

Try a little trick he'll make you look a dick

Big sven botman

To the tune of N and an e and a wuble you c👀

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We should become one of those teams that have multiple sponsors on the tops. Both sleeves. On the back of the shirt above and below the name and number. 

There are limits to how many sponsors you can have and where.

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We should become one of those teams that have multiple sponsors on the tops. Both sleeves. On the back of the shirt above and below the name and number. 

Just like Lightening Mcqueen 

53 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

There are limits to how many sponsors you can have and where.

Been trying to find out if there's a limit to the amount of strategic partners we can have ie tyre partner, suntan lotion  partner, condom partner etc

6 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

361.jpg

Doubt it.

It's what I mean, Google any of the top 6 with partners and there's loads.

I wonder how much they get off mlily, Man utds pillow and mattress partner ?

Edited by madras

I imagine Noon will be just the start of them starting to get a multitude of partners.

I hope they brazenly mock it. Maybe get Newcastle Brown Ale back on board with a small token 'NUFC's official Brown Ale partner' sponsorship.

11 hours ago, wormy said:

I imagine Noon will be just the start of them starting to get a multitude of partners.

I hope they brazenly mock it. Maybe get Newcastle Brown Ale back on board with a small token 'NUFC's official Brown Ale partner' sponsorship.

Let's hope they don't stop starting or they'll have Uncle Peter to deal with.

DONKEY!