Sven Botman

The Prophet

With any transfer, the cheap way would be to wait till the end of the window and hope there are no new suitors in the meantime due to sudden injuries. In Botman's case, very few clubs can afford him, so that is unlikely.

Trying to get the player in early will weaken your bargaining hand and usually cost more. Given that Milan are only after a loan, perhaps another bid for Carlos might convince Lille to take the bid on the table. Focusing on us alone though, the Watford game is coming up fast, and if three points in it are worth say five million pounds, it might be worth just giving that money to Lille and getting him on the pitch for us. The same goes for a striker.

Edited by Stottie
added a bit

So we've agreed personal terms with him but lille have rejected the offer, Is that correct?

Im confused... 

If that is the case then his agent will surely force this through. If the 4m is true per year then that's 76k a week which is quadrupling his 18k a week wages at lille. 

They play today so will be interesting to see if he starts. If we are close to what they want and they are skint as we think they are then they would want to protect him till he's sold

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Aren't we only allowed to speak to the player if the club grant us permission? If we've agreed terms this will happen imo.

Oh my sweet summer child. Agree with you though, it’s happening unless someone else matches our bid.

Does seem too far along now to not be done by next week. If terms are agreed as others have said Lille are just grasping at straws to eek a little bit more out of us.

Need this done by Wednesday at the latest if he has any chance of being involved meaningfully against Watford.

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Has this supposed rejection actually come from a legitimate source? All I can find is some gadgie called Simon Dobson saying it's been rejected. ???

Dobson seemingly a bullshitter with a long history of this.

3 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Aren't we only allowed to speak to the player if the club grant us permission? If we've agreed terms this will happen imo.

The player's agent has no ties to his club so is free to discuss deals, I guess. That's why we often see "personal terms agreed just need to agree a transfer fee" followed by "Bid accepted just need to agree personal terms"

I find people pretending to be transfer ITK’s such a weird notion.

Like, it obviously causes less stress and pain of course. But they are similar to trolls, for me. Like what is going on in your brain that makes you go online and just pretend to be somebody else and lie to thousands of people? :lol: Weird, unhinged cunts. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I find people pretending to be transfer ITK’s such a weird notion.

Like, it obviously causes less stress and pain of course. But they are similar to trolls, for me. Like what is going on in your brain that makes you go online and just pretend to be somebody else and lie to thousands of people? :lol: Weird, unhinged cunts. 

Some proper melts on Twitter. Great for breaking news but the platform seems to attract people on the edge.

Just now, Nucasol said:

Some proper melts on Twitter. Great for breaking news but the platform seems to attract people on the edge.

Yeah, I hear ya! 

I love Twitter for the comedy and keeping up with certain sports and news. But comments sections about 80% of the time and some of the absolute dangers on there make it hard work. 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah, I hear ya! 

I love Twitter for the comedy and keeping up with certain sports and news. But comments sections about 80% of the time and some of the absolute dangers on there make it hard work. 

Replace the word Twitter with the internet tbh :lol:

22 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: One of the better journalists out there getting criticism again because it’s not the news people want to hear, although it’s not even particularly negative.

Is he though? I’m genuinely interested, not being facetious.

All I see is him tweeting stuff that’s already out there and then adding a little bit extra on the end that might be true and could conceivably be true but is not based on any evidence. 

I agree he had a line into Qatar/ PL during our takeover saga though but I’d think that was more that he was getting fed that information rather than finding it out himself.  

I dunno, I’m just not convinced. 

15 minutes ago, LV said:

All I see is him tweeting stuff that’s already out there and then adding a little bit extra on the end that might be true and could conceivably be true but is not based on any evidence. 

I agree he had a line into Qatar/ PL during our takeover saga though but I’d think that was more that he was getting fed that information rather than finding it out himself.  

His contacts for the takeover weren’t just Qatar/PL, he also has sources at the club and the consortium. 

He’s one of the better ones. Decent chap too.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

His contacts for the takeover weren’t just Qatar/PL, he also has sources at the club and the consortium. 

He’s one of the better ones. Decent chap too.

Does he? Where you getting that from? 

18 minutes ago, LV said:

I'm not convinced he even had that during our takeover saga, his posts were basically that same profile then too. He seems to have struggled for work ever since the BBC radio sabotage thing, judging by the limited examples of his experience on his eponymous promotional website, and is probably just using us as an opportunity to get some exposure.