Sven Botman

The Prophet

5 minutes ago, greydos said:

I can relate to this. The new Newcastle has me waking up every morning like Oprah Winfrey, throwing round likes like Confetti. "You get a like, and you get a like, and you get a like, we all get a like!"

He'd see the danger, snuff it out, and cooly leave again. Sven Bossman!

Have a like!

10 minutes ago, Holloway said:

What the camera's don't pick up is his positional sense and his awareness, it's like he's got a 30 year old seasoned pro's head on his shoulders. If he can stay healthy he has an amazing career ahead of us

I don't know which game it was earlier in the season, but he went up against some guy, moved his body in the way and just let him bounce off him before calmly taking the ball forward and passing to our attack players. I was sold back then.

Just now, TRon said:

I don't know which game it was earlier in the season, but he went up against some guy, moved his body in the way and just let him bounce off him before calmly taking the ball forward and passing to our attack players. I was sold back then.

Against Everton? DCL?

7 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

After a prolonged transfer, will he come here or Milan initially, his performances over this first half of the season have already shown this could be a fantastic long term signing for us. He seems to have settled in well and just comes across as a composed performer either through tackling, passing or reading the game as the last line of defence.

A poster above highlighted this when Chelsea did find some space yesterday he jostled with Broja and eventually managed to get a foot in to allow Trippier, Burn and Schar to get back to support as a defensive unit. Unbelievably I don't think he has tasted defeat yet and with Holland opting not to take him to the World Cup we may benefit from some additional time with him being able to spend some time at home and enjoy the mid season training camp from a team bonding perspective.

On the few occasions we have conceeded you can see from his reaction he is absolutely furious when it looked like it should have been another clean sheet. We've got a really great player on our hands who I hope can only get better. His relationship with Schar is brilliant, but longer term I think we will be due an upgrade just due to Schar age and potentially the amount of games coming up should we qualify for Europe or progress in domestic cups. Well done Steve Nickson, Eddie Howe and Sven!

Never seen a player so stone-faced but we concede he's furious and when we score he's ecstatic. Unreal mentality on this lad.

Edited by nemtizz

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m delighted his decision to join us over Milan has been and is looking fully justified, he looks absolutely buzzing to be here.

On the contrary, my sources tell me he weeps every time he drives past a pizza hut.

When we were linked to him, Badiashile and Carlos.  I wanted us to sign Badiashile.

Certainly glad the club made Botman their number one target and they don't scout players based on Youtube compilations.  Botman has been outstanding and much better than I expected. 

I did once say Bassong will end up being one of the best defenders in the league and a world class centre half.  Never have been much good at assessing centre backs, apparently.  

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

When we were linked to him, Badiashile and Carlos.  I wanted us to sign Badiashile.

Certainly glad the club made Botman their number one target and they don't scout players based on Youtube compilations.  Botman has been outstanding and much better than I expected. 

I did once say Bassong will end up being one of the best defenders in the league and a world class centre half.  Never have been much good at assessing centre backs, apparently.  

Me too with Badiashile (still time).

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

He's not quick at all, a little slow. But he's fine on the turn and quick of mind. BDB is narrow in so he's protected in wide places and excellent when in those positions anyway.

He's got a pretty long stride and very good recovery pace as his acceleration isn't that of a smallish attacker but when he gets on his bike he's caught up to everyone. Regardless nobody really gets by him anyway. 

Edited by Kanji

The amazing thing with Botman is that he makes the game look so simple. He reads plays so far ahead that he positions himself perfectly more often than not and makes difficult plays look like simple interventions.

On top of that he's got an excellent range of passing and, a couple of games aside, has been excellent in starting moves from the back.

The very definition of a cultured CB. He's a player you build around.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

He's got a pretty long stride and very good recovery pace as his acceleration isn't that of a smallish attacker but when he gets on his bike he's caught up to everyone. Regardless nobody really gets by him anyway. 

I mean... he IS fairly slow. But so was John Terry. He moves his feet well and anticipates danger. Eventually someone will outpace him and score but that will be rare because of his reading of the game and footwork.